Bjork (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hooray :D

for the Bjork fans, are you guys looking forward to the release of "Medulla"? Aug 30 I think

walrusbear

HSC
i like bjork but i still haven't heard a lot of her stuff
i have debut and post, both are really cool

artfag

Banned
HSC
i used to really love bjork, but i guess i kinda grew out of her. i think a lot of people say they like her because she's 'weird' and 'different' without really actually listening to the music.

homogenic is a brilliant album, as is much of post. vespertine bored me. i love a few tracks off debut and selmasongs. but as a whole, i like her sugarcubes stuff better.

and i've got medulla. the concept is pretty interesting (completely vocal album, including the background music), and some of the collaborators are really good, such as mike patton, rahzel, dokaka, four tet- but i didn't really like it that much. the whole album would be so much better if she could like... actually sing.

that opening ceremony performance was ridiculous.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i have.

what a pretentious, manipulative film. bjork played her role well though.

pookie1234

im sorry but in no way does bjork compare with cradle of filth as a study aid, it acts as a deppressant and makes you think, "well i'd better study". s'great.

rowie

did you see her at the opening cermony?!?!?.. she is so beautiful.. i wish she'd come back to aus...perhaps she will come to promote her new album? .. so i can see her live...my life will almost be complete after i see her live.... so many people hate her but i think she is brillant... i liked dancer in the dark.. and i love 99% of her work.... she is awesome..

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
all is full of love is a great song, as is the death cab cover of it. and the filmclip!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I love Bjork but Vespertine didn't like up to the expectations I placed on it unfortunately... but she's always good for late at night when winding down after the day and heading to bed.

olay

HSC
artfag said:
i have.

what a pretentious, manipulative film. bjork played her role well though.
what makes u say it's pretentious and manipulative? i was so shaken by the ending, it's the only film that has ever reduced me to tears that badly - i was WAILING and had to shove a fist in my mouth and then i came downstairs to my sister and grabbed her leg and cried!!!!!! it was bizarre. and so tragic :( [oh and i thought it was excellent :)]

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
olay said:
what makes u say it's pretentious and manipulative? i was so shaken by the ending, it's the only film that has ever reduced me to tears that badly - i was WAILING and had to shove a fist in my mouth and then i came downstairs to my sister and grabbed her leg and cried!!!!!! it was bizarre. and so tragic :( [oh and i thought it was excellent :)]
well that explains the manipulative part then...

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Just curious...who likes Bjork? She is one of my favourite non-jazz artists...she pushes the boundaries of music and i respect that. Good actor too (Dancer in the Dark should have won 6 oscars imho)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
im not a huge fan but i respect what she does. It's refreshing to hear an artist that is different, original and is constantly evolving. Having said that, i cant say that i have evr bought one of her albums

kittycat552

Bjork has an awesome, original voice who is unlike any other artist. That's why i love her.
Her music is eclectic and she features some amazing sounds and textures in her music.

Fave albums: Debut, Post, Homogenic, Vespertine

Fave songs: All Is Full Of Love, Venus As A Boy, Human Behaviour, Unison, Army Of Me

Last edited by a moderator:

artfag

Banned
HSC
horrible voice, great production & awesome video clips
i still listen to homogenic every once in a while
th sugarcubes were cool

what was with her latest album? crappy Maja Ratkje imitation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)