Bloc Party (1 Viewer)

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
nwatts said:
i remember bloc party being compared to interpol

when both interpol albums completely rape anything bloc party has ever recorded, it's hard not to run arms flailing into itunes after being aurally penetrated by bloc party to clense with something from turn on the bright lights. just so you know how it's supposed to be done.
hahaha are you serious??

TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS = HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH ROLFMAO x 10000000000000000000

interpol are an embarrassingly contrived band who make annoyingly shite music. the lyrics are fuckn cringeworthy, paul bank's ian curtis imitatation is downright disgusting, the melodies are bland as fuck and yes you've heard it all before. and just because you wear a suit tailored by Valentino doesnt make you "cool".

if you want "post-punk" listen to The Fall.

HSC
N/A
tofu said:
So underrated!

New album coming soon - can't wait!:) :)
A heart of stone, a smoking gun
I can give you life, I can take it away

I'm working it out
Why'd you feel so underrated?
Why'd you feel so negated?

lolz, I getit. I love bloc party, can't wait for the new album.

arrested development
HSC
libertine said:
hahaha are you serious??

interpol are an embarrassingly contrived band who make annoyingly shite music. the lyrics are fuckn cringeworthy, paul bank's ian curtis imitatation is downright disgusting, the melodies are bland as fuck and yes you've heard it all before. and just because you wear a suit tailored by Valentino doesnt make you "cool".

omg the fall! yes, more people need to listen to them!!! that's what i mean about the original bands not getting enough well-deserved attention and praise. i wonder how many of the really coooooooool kids know who the fall are? i mean, if it weren't for john peel the fall would probably have like, 5 fans. :( (exaggeration, of course).

tofu

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
I can give you life, I can take it away

I'm working it out
Why'd you feel so underrated?
Why'd you feel so negated?

lolz, I getit. I love bloc party, can't wait for the new album.
In the words of Borat, we two should sexytime

Mr Lovepony

HSC
nwatts said:
no it's not.

you can easily appreciate music for music without having to mull over where it has come from. interpol for example are imo the absolute pinnicle of the post punk revival movement, because they've taken the likes of joy division and injected a contemporary indie rock backbone to create both good and popular music. they're just as much their own band as they are an homage to the post punk artists of yesteryear.
I agree because I'm one of those shitheads you talk of. Ian Curtis makes me want to hurl.

On Bloc Party: not into them.

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
libertine said:
hahaha are you serious??

considering banks has stated on many occasions that he was oblivious to his similarities to curtis, i'm not sure wtf you are on about. you then attack the musician for his choice in clothing? how old are you? their melodies are "bland as fuck"? haha

your comment on the fall is entirely pointless. the whole discussion was based around post punk revival groups of the last ~5 or so years, not on where to find more wank that should be appreciated purely because of when it was produced.

lego

HSC
N/A
all y'all need to get off yr high horse and just shut up.

Lorie

HSC
Bloc party are amazing and everyone should be made to listen them before attending any music festival by law... Saw them at splendour soooo great. Silent alarm is such a great album. The remix album that was made is a little bit strange but good in its own unique way.

But for sure interpol were great as well.

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
nwatts said:
considering banks has stated on many occasions that he was oblivious to his similarities to curtis, i'm not sure wtf you are on about. you then attack the musician for his choice in clothing? how old are you? their melodies are "bland as fuck"? haha

your comment on the fall is entirely pointless. the whole discussion was based around post punk revival groups of the last ~5 or so years, not on where to find more wank that should be appreciated purely because of when it was produced.
hahaahaha banks is either deaf or dumb..or simply spouting shit
i dont see why you happened to find amusement in the fact their melodies are "bland as fuck"...the mental image of you beating off to interpol's derivative melodies.....OMGZ OBSTACLE 1ZZ~~CARLOS DENGLERSBUM ME WITH YOUR TOTES HAWT FRINGE!! YAY

btw you do realise the fall are still going around and released an album last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)