Blood product (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If we talk about blood products, do we just talk about products directly derived from the blood such as platelets, white blood cells and etc???

Or do we also have to incorporate products that are made from those products like albumin?

annachristie

HSC
talk about blood products like red and white blood cells, platelets, plasma and antibodies. water is also a blood product, depending on the question

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
are you talking about the blood extracted from donated blood and their uses?

talk about red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, plasma, immunoglobins, etc.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well yes. But my major question is:

should I go into dept with this dot point?

There are few products such as platelets, white blood cells that get derived from the blood. But there are are also products which are produced from those extracted products. My question is: do I have to talk about those produced products too? (e.g. albumin)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
2-d) Analyse information from secondary sources to identify the products extracted from donated blood and discuss the uses of these products. ]Products which are extracted from donated blood include Red blood cells, White blood cells, platelets and plasma. RBS’s are given to patients who suffer Anaemia or have suffered excessive bleeding giving them cells which can carry oxygen around the body to the cells and remove wastes such as Carbon dioxide. WBCs’ are given to patients who need assistance in fighting infection include those with a low immune system. Plasma is given to patients whose blood volume is low, such as people who have suffered excessive bleeding; this gives them more medium to carry cells and nutrients whilst reducing the pressure on the heart to pump minimal blood around. Finally platelets are given to patients whose blood has trouble clotting, such as cancer and leukaemia patients

you dont require much more depeth than that

i hope this is the dot point you are referring to btw

EDIT: no you do not need to talk about albimun, it is unnecessary depth, normally these questiosn are 2-4 markers
the two markers are identify two products/one product and a use
four markers are usually two products two uses

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
(2-d) Analyse information from secondary sources to identify the products extracted from donated blood and discuss the uses of these products.
Products which are extracted from donated blood include Red blood cells, White blood cells, platelets and plasma. RBS’s are given to patients who suffer Anaemia or have suffered excessive bleeding giving them cells which can carry oxygen around the body to the cells and remove wastes such as Carbon dioxide. WBCs’ are given to patients who need assistance in fighting infection include those with a low immune system. Plasma is given to patients whose blood volume is low, such as people who have suffered excessive bleeding; this gives them more medium to carry cells and nutrients whilst reducing the pressure on the heart to pump minimal blood around. Finally platelets are given to patients whose blood has trouble clotting, such as cancer and leukaemia patients

you dont require much more depeth than that

i hope this is the dot point you are referring to btw
Oh yes...Thanks!!!

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
no worries if you need any other bio help just pm me, i remember most of the course and still have my notes; and i did pretty good in the hsc so yer lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
no worries if you need any other bio help just pm me, i remember most of the course and still have my notes; and i did pretty good in the hsc so yer lol
:)

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation before giving to Alexnatore again

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)