BMW's overated (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No offence, but I wouldn't say thats the best philosophy to be carrying around when on the road, the only person you screw when you crash is your insuarance policy holder because thats when excess and premiums skyrocket... and crashing, who says the next crash won't be fatal.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Speed makes no difference to death rates...other countries have much more higher speed limits and yet their road death rates are the same....the main thing drivers got to learn is to know how to control the car...plus don't freaken do stupid crap like drink and drive...or eat and drive....

put both hands on the wheel, sit upright and you can drive as fast as you want...because you're concentrating on the road...not something else...

tas10h

do any of you actually own a bmw?
once you own one you'll never own a jap import again!! personally i'd prefer a clk mercedes but ill settle for a 318. its the best car, and the max speed limit is aus is 110kph, so why do u need a car that is capable of ridiculous speeds? you would never drive a car that fast anyway, and if you do, you're an idiot.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
tas10h said:
do any of you actually own a bmw?
once you own one you'll never own a jap import again!! personally i'd prefer a clk mercedes but ill settle for a 318. its the best car, and the max speed limit is aus is 110kph, so why do u need a car that is capable of ridiculous speeds? you would never drive a car that fast anyway, and if you do, you're an idiot.
That qualifies me as an idiot then....i've driven a bmw for a while but it wasn't mine, so i could trash it like crap....honestly, not worth it unless it's a 325 or better....
the road legal limit is 110....but try doing 180 on the M2 and you'll know that the road could handle it just as well...except it got scary after a while....

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
m3's arent underated !!!
m3 is best car in the world !!! factoring in value ...

SipSip

HSC
N/A
M3's are definitely worth how much they cost...but considering that a STi could match it's performance...it really debates whether it's worth that extra 100k....I mean, spend a 100K on a Sti, and you could leave a M3 in the dust at any lights...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i avoided this thread for a while, knowing that i will end up arguing with people
but i just can't stand it when people start comparing a M3 BMW to a Subaru STI
M3 is a NA car
Impreza STIs are high boost turbos, completely different machanics and different class of car, stop comparing them...
Imprezas are 4WDs....i won't go on but i hope you get the point

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
anywayz the new 3-series has just been 'leaked' out
here's the catalogue
http://www2.autospies.com/images/uploads/files/e90.pdf

i personally DON'T like it a single bit, the front is reasonable but the back is just wrong. to me it looks like one of them cartoon constipated faces, all bunched up together BAD

but hey look on the bright side, the engine specs are nothing but amazing

M3 prototype

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I reckon the new 5 series and the E90 3series has lost the BMW edge...they serious don't look as nice as the old ones...although, i might be just old fashioned...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i really like the old 5 series sport models with the body kits ... they look really cool :)
i like bmw's but their styling is getting out of hand ... a bit too wild ... anyway how can u compare an m3 with an sti? m3 owns ... ;)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
M3 does do better in most departments except for running costs....but currently the M3 is out of reach for me...
But i have my eyes on the M2 which is on it's way in 2006-7....that i can afford....

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
let me make it clear that the X3 is not a BMW and never will be!!
X3 is made by some other people who BMW contracted so i don't count it as a BMW
If you look at all the motoring review and journalists they have all panned the X3 as a bomb/disaster, there's more cons than pros to the car
and also X3 has a price tag so close to the X5 it isn't worth buying the smaller thing

Asquithian, damn that picture makes it look like a commodore!! :(
on the plus side i'm starting to love the new BMW rim designs more and more

DoN ToRRES

BMW's latest designs dont look all that bad. I think the thing is that they have contracted some new guy to design the cars and he generally goes for slightly wild, 'out there' designs. At least these European companies keep the basic shape of their cars. Unlike holden, ford and toyota, which change the shape totally virtually everytime a new model is released.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
You know what the new BMW's remind me of, the new Saab's...I must admit the Saab's now look great...but BMW following that line of looks makes BMW's cheapen themselves

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I still think the 1996 318i's look nice!! HAHA maybe thats because its the most expensive i can afford at the moment!!

SipSip

HSC
N/A
the current e46 3-series looks the best out of all the series...
the seven series looks too weird...i still love the L7 i saw at the motor show ages ago...

tommaey

rarara
HSC
I used to love BMWs, until they released the 7 series 2 or 3 years back

from then it was all over. The ugliness plagued all the other cars. I must say the 5 series has gone from being one of the most handsome to being one of the most ugliest cars in the world.

When the 3 series comes out, thats just about the whole range ruined. They'll only have the X5 to play around with

Still, i've always loved mercedes more

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
how can you love mercedes when their built quality is on par with hyundai excels??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)