BNW and BR-eyes?? (1 Viewer)

ChiCkenDrUmStIc

Hey can someone tell me what is the significance of the eyes in Blade runner? i dont understand it.....

neuro_logik

HSC
eye is the window to the soul = replicants are artificial beings with human emotions. where in contrast to the people with in the society of BR, humans are detached from their natural selves (emotions etc), all in the name industrial, technological and economical progression.

;)

_dies_

University Member
HSC
The eyes are the gateway to the soul, and the fact that Tyrell wears such thick glasses has some meaning like he has no heart or some crap. Just make up some symbolism.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
eyes represent individuality, much in the same way as fingerprints are unique for each individual therefore eyes reflect the essence of individuality, which is being erased, or minimised through the production of replicants who are 'emotionless' copies of humans. something along the lines of objectification of humans, commodifying, cheapening of emotions..i dunno it makes sense in my head, im sorry if i sound completely incoherent to you because i tend to do that :( sorry again.

Zephyr

Well, the eyes are also features as an on looker. A person looking into the lifes or another civilisation. This eye in BR is like Tyrell looking over the poor Earth in his big building. This eye in BR is like the replicants trying to look to the humans (tyrell mainly) for more life and be treated as human. The eye in BR is like Decard looking for something he's missing in his life. Memories that was before but he isn't sure if they are real or not. The eye in BR is like our eye, watching the 'Hades' scene, with the whole flames and panning of the city scapes. The eye in BR is like what everyone sees around them. The messes, the advertising, the crowded streets. This eye in BR is the "LOOKING" of your view, or Deckard's view, or the replicants' views and of Tyrell's views and so on and so forth. Ha.

And yes, the whole window to the soul thing is a definite worth mention.

ChiCkenDrUmStIc

So basically in Blade runner the eyes are different for each person?? The idea of the eye varies from character to character??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)