Board of Studies - WRITING BOOKLETS (1 Viewer)

ben

Does anyone know if the writing booklets will be the same as last year?

I printed off one of the standards package for some band 1/2 response which had like one line - whited it out - photocopied the page a billion times.

I've been doing my practice questions on this paper... it's weird! So spaced out and stuff. But still struggle to get more than 5 pages in 40 minutes for english.

So yeah - they will be the same this year right?

Thanks

Jellymonsta

if my teacher didnt lie to me... yes they will be the same. she has been using spare ones from last year for all our exams, so that we could get used to them.
i dont really see that it makes much of a difference how spaced out etc they are, except that i feel like ive written more than i actually have.

bex

HSC
yeah they should be the same.... our school had their own ones printed that are replicas of what they use in the HSC and we used them for 1/2 yrlys and trials... theyre way easy

Duckman

hmmm never used writing pads, mainly due the fact that ive got special provisions to use a laptop for exams

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I havent used the writing pads, but my friend says that they're really weird to write on. We never even got to see what they looked like at my school, so Im not really sure what they look like. For some strange reason my school bought about 5 bazillion pads of some really gross pink paper, and we've been using them for as long as I can remember so its gonna be weird for me to adjust. Anyone out there think its a big adjustment?

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
duckman,

really? thats cool
is it because you have trouble handwriting?

Winston

HSC
well arent the papers similar to the school certifiicate ones??

smurf

booklets

From my understanding, they use the same style writing bookelts each year, but they change the colour of them, so if u steal n e of the leftovers from last year (for example, the ones some of your teachers are making you use), they will be useless, cos this yr will be a diff colour...

Smurf:)

ben

Re: booklets

Originally posted by smurf
From my understanding, they use the same style writing bookelts each year, but they change the colour of them, so if u steal n e of the leftovers from last year (for example, the ones some of your teachers are making you use), they will be useless, cos this yr will be a diff colour...

Colour?? What - so I'm going to have to write on blue paper or something disorientating like green?

Or do you mean the logo or something?

Re: booklets

Originally posted by smurf

Oh wowa! I hope they give us fluro yellow!
I wrote my notes on this and everyone said: "It'll hurt your eyes are you crazy?"
But all it did was keep me awake!

If they give me a yucky colour, do I have the right to complain and say: i don't like the colour, it takes away my inspiration?

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I want the booklets to be a gross pink colour, seeing as thats the colour of the paper Ive used in every single exam since yr 10 and have used for studying and writing notes. maybe if I say it enough times I'll get my wish....
gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink......:D

smurf

funky colours!

... The writing paper will always be white! But the printing on the front cover and the colour of the lines is what is varied i think...
Like i think last years was like a dark brown colour or something...

i reckon fluro green would be mad! hehe
Gluck for monday!

stressed02

i never noticed these so-called 'colours' !!! hmmm maybe i was just so involved with my essays and all the work that i KNEW.. hmmm or NOT!

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
As far as I remember, last year was.... Gross Pink.

But you'll have to check with Minai - my memory's been overwritten by a certain paper colour.

kaseita

why bother trying to make sure we don't use the writing booklets from last year?
that way they save paper!
those 8pg booklets feel like I'm writing on a cushion though. it feels like I'm writing so much, but it also feels like I'm writing real slow.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
I want the booklets to be a gross pink colour, seeing as thats the colour of the paper Ive used in every single exam since yr 10 and have used for studying and writing notes. maybe if I say it enough times I'll get my wish....
gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink gross pink......:D
I'm sure your school only uses gross pink because they don't/didn't want people smuggling in prewritten essays from outside into the exams. As if anyone buys pink paper...

Our school just makes funny paper with a different picture at the top every year. Sometimes it's a strange cartoon, sometimes the school crest. Once they used a picture of one of the teachers...in the 70s or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)