Body of Work Ideas (1 Viewer)

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
hmm ok so still probably thinking large painted potraits of me and my 2 sisters... but maybe with a fantasy element to each??
I thought they would be realistic but then maybe i could also add, say, wings to one (making them look real and fit with the rest of the portrait). I would choose the fantasy elements for specific reasons of course...
does this sound ok or silly? I really wanna make some good portraits but should maybe be more adventurous still?
any comments anyone??
=)

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
ok thanks... yeah I really am just trying to make the works stand out a bit more... my teacher wants me to do all this edgy, innovative stuff but I just really want to make good portraits... will this give me less marks than something more experimental?

SarahPoole

HSC
I'm doing a sculpture made from dogfood cans and steel wool. I'm making a vicious-looking domestic dog (ironically using a poodle, as they are the 'perfect' house and family dog), and exploring the notion of how much we trust our pets, and the natural nature of dogs. It will be made from cold, metal objects, to steer away from the idea that dogs are cuddly and soft, and it will be snarling with sharp teeth (coated in a gluey substance to represent saliva and to soften the egdes, as we cannot have sharps in our BOW). Do you think this sounds like a good idea? I'm happy with it, but my art teacher thinks my concept isn't that strong, and she's worried I wont be able to use the materials, even though i've experimented and got it right... What a knob. Lol, what do you think?

Jesykka

HSC
annliveshere said:
for a medium, im thinking of doing encoustic painting on panels of wood..

but my concept.. lol you can tell me if mine is shit, because it seems to be one hell of a lot more personal than many of yours.. everyone seems to be making bold political multi-national statements! which i guess in a way, i want to as well.. but.. my beginning is far more.. personal.

basically, i want to do "portraits" of my best friends, but in stead of their faces, their shoes.
each panel will be a painting (well, drawing layered with paint..) of my friends feet wearing a different pair of shoes to symbolise who they are. because i just feel like shoes/feet are symbollic of what a person is made of, where they have been and where they are going.

i hope this isnt a totally shit idea to you.

xo

You should check out work by My Le Thi :)
She's a contempory vietnamese artist living in Australia, (you've probably heard of her already... but just incase!) She did a whole lot of works including one called "Walk the Earth" with all these shoes. The concept is a little different but I just figure that if you can use her at all, you could list her as an artist of influence :).
Good luck.

Last edited:

yqwhysl

HSC
Wow, everyone's ideas have been fantastic so far, to tell you the truth just this forum should give the world hope that the next generation will make a difference, such individuality, intellect and understanding of the world we are living in! I applaud you as my peers and am looking forward to what im sure will be the next twenty years, of completley revolutionary time.

Now for my major work i am going with the somewhat cliche'd concept of a mixture of body image and cultural identity in adolesence. I plan to use photography and digital manipulation in portraits of my peers, on their faces i will enscribe quotes of our time.

wobbly.fat

HSC
Man! I'm inspired! My idea is about the imaginative journey that an individual undertakes when migrating to another country; really, from traditional Chinese culture to contemporary Australia. I never noticed how much this is related to Advanced English... dear god! Journeys have invaded my life in and out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)