Bonus points (1 Viewer)

caitlinjinks

HSC
I live in a rural town and we get alot of bonus points for being in such a crappy holee. BUTT apparently we only get them (upto 15) in certain states like VIC, ACT and SA. does anyone knoww?

Lydia_88

HSC
Not sure about other states, but from NSW its up to 10 (well i know that from my uni anyway..)

HSC
^ I think that's it.

Also, it depends what course you want to get into. Combined Law, Psychology and other higher level courses never have bonus points applied to them....except of course, at UWS.....

spazamataz

HSC
It depends what uni you want to go to.

If you go to a disadvantaged school you get EAS, but I automatically got that, I wasn't even expecting it.

Basically, when you decide what you want to do, call the uni/search the site to see whether they offer bonus points. Most will offer points to rural students, such as UC giving 10 i think, UoW giving 3, ANU gives some, and so does CSU.

Freakstyler09

HSC
Including EAS and Bonus points some unis i fink offer up to 15 like UTS . But u have to get an ATAR over 69 to get these bonus points.

OMFG7891

HSC
Most will offer points to rural students, such as UC giving 10 i think, UoW giving 3, ANU gives some, and so does CSU.
All the schools in my town have a tour of the canberra uni's once a year. Last year a few of my friends went and asked ANU if rural students get bonus points...we don't lol
Unless it's changed since then which would be nice :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
10 points is a lot when you think about it really.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I live in a rural town and we get alot of bonus points for being in such a crappy holee. BUTT apparently we only get them (upto 15) in certain states like VIC, ACT and SA. does anyone knoww?

im interested to hear what your town is like.

whats the population?
sociocultral mix? ie. bogans?
what's the income inequality like?

caitlinjinks

HSC
haha i love bonus points! my friend got into adelaide uni with about 25 bonus points, craazy, and i live in broken hill 6 hours out of adelaide and 3 from mildura. it has about 21,000 people and only two highschools. it is pretty disgusting, people spit on the school floors and party all the time, do drugs, fight, blabla. we have alot of smart kids but ALOT of bogans who hang at the skate park and drive their crappy utes with 'no fear' stickers or southern cross stickers and they all have nicknames like 'johno' or 'jacko' or 'johnsy' haa its sooo lame.

spazamataz

HSC
haha i love bonus points! my friend got into adelaide uni with about 25 bonus points, craazy, and i live in broken hill 6 hours out of adelaide and 3 from mildura. it has about 21,000 people and only two highschools. it is pretty disgusting, people spit on the school floors and party all the time, do drugs, fight, blabla. we have alot of smart kids but ALOT of bogans who hang at the skate park and drive their crappy utes with 'no fear' stickers or southern cross stickers and they all have nicknames like 'johno' or 'jacko' or 'johnsy' haa its sooo lame.
Sounds about the same as every rural town in this state, well around my area anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)