Books by Robin hobb (1 Viewer)

Intervene

HSC
Farseer Trilogy - Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest
Liveship Trilogy - Ship of Magic, The Mad ship, Ship of destiny
Tawny Man Trilogy - Forgot :S (not up to that)

Theyr'e reallllly good, i recommend them.

PS: Its fantasy

Ryfry

HSC
Yes, I really enjoyed them as well.
The Tawny Man books are - Fool's Errand, The Golden Fool and Fool's Fate.
Robin Hobb also writes under the name Megan Lindholm, though I'm yet to read any of those books.

J

jhakka

Robin Hobb rocks. The end.

I desperately need to read Fool's Fate, but I'm waiting for it to be out in small paperback, and there isn't even a release date for that in Australia yet. It's gonna be released in small in September in bloody England, so we'll have to wait forever. :(

FitzChivalry Farseer is the best hero ever, though.

Althea

Couldn't agree more - I love her books and have read all the series. I've just started reading one of her series under the name Megan Lindholm... and I agree with jhakka... FitzChilvary is the best hero ever!

I hope that Robin Hobb brings out a new series soon... I'm talented-writer deprived...

J

jhakka

Is your screenname from The Liveship Traders, or is it just a coincidence that it's Althea and you like Robin Hobb?

J

jhakka

She was pretty good as a heroine.

Kennit is cool, too. He's a pirate. :D

mayhemily

HSC
lol everytime I hear anything about or remotely related to robin hobb and any of the books I feel a sharp pang! I LOVE THE FOOL!!! yeahi really really hope that she writes some more stuff... soon. Also did anyone else have trouble getting fools fate? it was not in stock at any of the bookshops around here and they must've sold out because they had to order it from the publisher but it was on back order.... Long story short i picked it up from a second hand bookstore in syd when i went up... it was well worth the wait!!

J

jhakka

Originally posted by mayhemily
lol everytime I hear anything about or remotely related to robin hobb and any of the books I feel a sharp pang! I LOVE THE FOOL!!! yeahi really really hope that she writes some more stuff... soon. Also did anyone else have trouble getting fools fate? it was not in stock at any of the bookshops around here and they must've sold out because they had to order it from the publisher but it was on back order.... Long story short i picked it up from a second hand bookstore in syd when i went up... it was well worth the wait!!
I'm waiting for it to come out in regular sized paperback. And that's not going to happen until at least September. :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liveship Traders were a bit too out there for me.. Farseer Trilogy is one of, if not the best fantasy trilogies around. Tawny Man was also good until Fool's Fate, which just turned one of the best fantasy characters ever into a piece of crap.. resent that book very much

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Althea
Me too - the Fool comes close to being my favourite character in the Farseer Trilogy!
I preferred The Fool to Amber because I loved the word plays.

Chade was one of the best in the Farseer Trilogy.

J

jhakka

Ressurecting an old thread.

I got Fool's Fate last week and read it in three days. It was really worth the wait. :D

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Ive only read one of the farseer trilogy and that was great. It is definately one of the best books ive read. How are the others in that trilogy?

J

jhakka

Liveship Traders is slower, but a very good read once you get into it.

The Tawny Man series is very good, though very different to The Farseer Trilogy. Fitz is sixteen years older, so his relationships with other characters are more intense/mature.

mayhemily

HSC
Jhakka did you find the end of fools fate disapointing? I dont want to give anything away for all the ppl out there who havent read it, but i really didnt like how things ended up regarding the situations of the chartacters....

J

jhakka

I actually liked the ending. The ending of Assassin's Quest was more disappointing because less was resolved. I liked the resolution of Fool's Fate because it tied up a lot of loose ends.

That, and I wanted what happened to happen since the end of Royal Assassin. :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I own the entire Liveship Traders trilogy, I'm trying to wait until I can find the other two on Ebay in hardcover :D.

I love those books, nearly as much or more than older Eddings and Robert Jordan stuff :D

Last edited:
J

jhakka

The first two books of the Farseer Trilogy were never released in hardcover. Only the oversized paperback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)