Books vs. Loose Paper (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Can people please recommend what would be best in year 12?

In year 10 and 11 I used books for school while loose paper for tution...and now for year 12 I don't know what to use!

I want to be neat...which is better to use loose paper, but I find that they are easier to lose

So please help :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Folders and loose paper
its the best
flexible, easy to organise
doesn't stuff up when you miss out on something :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I used books in year 11. For year 12 though definately folders with loose leaf sheets.

As joe says, they are flexible, you can easily remove the notes you want to study etc etc.....

I dont think out of 200 people in my grade this year, ive ever seen somebody regulary use a book...

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I would go with books because i am lazy and they are lighter...

But Folder would be better for some sujects...

imo with maths, books should do :D

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
miss_b said:
I would go with books because i am lazy and they are lighter...

But Folder would be better for some sujects...

imo with maths, books should do :D
cool was thinking about it all night...decided for subjects which you gotta write a lot, loose paper (i.e. English, Economics) while others books :)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Definitely book for maths, definitely folder for english, whatever you want for others. I like loose paper for personal study, but I used books for classwork (except for english).

P

pLuvia

Depends what you like using, I'm using all books, but keeping a folder at home to put in sheets related to the topic

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Looseleaf papers r0xor. But if you're a disorganised person, make sure you file away every single sheet straight away and don't leave them in a pile. You'd get frustrated and not touch the heap for ages.

Although, punching holes in hand-outs can get annoying, and if you use those 2-hole binders, when you accumulate a lot of sheets they start to move around lots within the folder (and even fall out - argh). So the 4-hole binders would be a better option (but that just means you have to punch double the amount of holes...doesn't suit someone as lazy as I am). But exercise books are so restrictive (and I usually destroy them by ripping pages out), so looseleaf paper is better :)

I can't really comment on maths, haven't taken notes for it for over a year. Grid books can get annoying because the grids annoy my eyes and the 'lines' are so incredibly narrow.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
lol i remember stressing about this at the end of year 11. But in both years, i just had books. Ive never had a folder in my life, so i cant really compare. I just found it stupid that some people had a bag, as well as lugging round a massive folder, where i just had my bag, with 6 books in it, or 5, when i dropped modern.

Plus, all my friends with folders constantly had them breaking on them

volition

arr.
HSC
I used books for schoolwork, and wrote notes into folders at home. I like those kind of 'pads' with the red stuff keeping pages together that makes it easy to tear. I use that paper for my notes to put into folders at home. I just didn't like the idea of really taking folders to school, especially because the sleeves and paper can break out of the folder as well as the fact that they're just bigger.

Writing up 'notes' for maths is fairly pointless in my opinion, it's more about just practicing it enough that you can remember everything you need to on 'autopilot'. So just get a book for maths

rama_v

HSC
i just used books, and got display book folders for subjects where we got tonnes of photocopies (e.g. english). It worked quite well, although for maths, i ended up goign through 10 or more in the year (I do 3 unit - feel sorry for 4 unit kids lol)

HSC
I use just a folder, i place in order what i get and brinjg a whole puncher and put all photocopies in, ididnt bother dating my work i recommend you do though :)

HSC
I use books but dont glue sheets in - I just date them and have them in a plastic sleeve which works great for me because I like books.

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
I still like the idea of using books (A4 in a folder), much easier to keep together and organise. Sure you have to lug around a bit more weight, but you can always pack 64 page books and then just update them when they become full.

So I've still bee using a folder but putting any sheets I have into the folder and clip in my workbooks as well... seems to have worked.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I had an A4 folder which held english, drama, ipt and i had a huge 100 page display folder for economics because we worked off worksheets and i had another little 40 page display folder for eng ext because we didnt have the class much so i just carried it when i needed it. I used a book for maths because i found there was too much work to have in a folder i would of needed a huge one just for maths, it worked out alright.
it's all up to personal preference i guess

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a4 books to do work in and individual binders for filing away handouts and notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)