Booyah! (1 Viewer)

auzmericans

Fancy Dress Party...
HSC
To all the BIT kids I must apologise that you wont be seeing me quite as much as you may like :p

the reason i was so depressed when the uai came out was coz i got the nice 67.75 lol, which was an automatic fail on the BIT even though i know i kicked ass in the interview!

luckily enough i got the mad EAS so i made it into BScIT so you might still get to see me around... if your lucky! anyways grats Brad n Bressman i remeber u guys from the interview day you deserved it :p

Hope everyone is as happy as i am now :p XD

Beege

HSC
Do I still have a chance of getting into BscIT or the combined degree in the late round? I fucked up big time for the main round. I knew I should of never of put media and communications as a preference. I just realised the media and comm degree is not for me as u only do one media production subject a semester and the rest is theory ewwwwwww.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Check the uai-cut offs on the uac site: http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2008_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf

You will get into BscIT for sure because this year is shocking. Most people are doing like humanity stuff and things like engineering and especially I.T have vacancies. I saw uow's vacancies and its the whole informatics faculty that is suffering (this includes engineering, computing, mathematics etc).

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Actually Beege- you still have a chance of getting into BBus/BScIT.

Firstly, the cutoff for BBus/BScIT is 85.00 according to http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2008_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf. It is also showing (V), which means there are still vacancies in the course.
You are also eligible for HSC Bonus Points- You will gain both 4 bonus points for IPT and SDD. NB: The max HSC bonus points you can gain is 5 for this course. So your UAI is effectively 87.50.

UTS Bonus Points Calculator said:
List of HSC subjects which have bonus points for the course B Business B Science in Information Technology (CSP)

Subject code Subject name Performance band Bonus points
15130 English Standard 6 3
15140 English Advanced 6 4
5 4
4 2
15160 English Extension 1 E4 4
E3 4
E2 2
15170 English Extension 2 E4 4
E3 4
E2 2
15210 Information Processes and Technology 6 4
5 4
4 2
15240 Mathematics 6 3
15250 Mathematics Extension 1 E4 4
E3 4
E2 2
15260 Mathematics Extension 2 E4 4
E3 4
E2 2
15360 Software Design and Development 6 4
5 4
4 2

You will only receive a maximum of 5 bonus points for courses in Business, Design, Architecture and Building, Information Technology and Science and a maximum of 6 bonus points for courses in Engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)