BOS Voting Intentions: 2013 Federal Election (1 Viewer)

House of Representatives first preference

• Liberal / National

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Greens

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Katter's Australia Party

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Palmer United Party

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other Minor Party

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
ima vote clive palmer, 15% less income taxes (but higher GST)

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
It will be a scary thing if the coalition gain majority of the senate

Garygaz

HSC
the most disappointing person in politics, to me, is malcolm turnbull. he is a tech head, understands the benefits of a strong net to a future economy but places his party priorities above that of reality. you can see it when he is trying to justify the fttn, he doesn't really believe what he is saying. don't believe me? what about that poilcy announcement about the mandatory internet filter - first time he heard about it during an interview he immediately starts defending it, even though he had never heard of it before and even though it was pretty much the same thing as what he was slamming conroy for 6 months about. what a fucking chump. it seems his political aspirations have overtaken top priority over his own beliefs.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
the most disappointing person in politics, to me, is malcolm turnbull. he is a tech head, understands the benefits of a strong net to a future economy but places his party priorities above that of reality. you can see it when he is trying to justify the fttn, he doesn't really believe what he is saying. don't believe me? what about that poilcy announcement about the mandatory internet filter - first time he heard about it during an interview he immediately starts defending it, even though he had never heard of it before and even though it was pretty much the same thing as what he was slamming conroy for 6 months about. what a fucking chump. it seems his political aspirations have overtaken top priority over his own beliefs.
i don't quite understand how you can criticise the man for doing his job well. i think it's a testament to his good character.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If Abbott continues his gaffes as PM it's gonna be like Australia's version of Bushisms.

Garygaz

HSC
i don't quite understand how you can criticise the man for doing his job well. i think it's a testament to his good character.
if your job is to be a lying, soulless cunt; you are a lying, soulless cunt. who cares if it is his job. nazis had jobs.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Isn't there only 87 on the NSW senate ticket, not 110? I put One Nation first anyway.
definitely 110
I numbered them all
I would know

She's not really a racist. Also you're white so it doesn't matter anyway.

Just leak it to Twitter and tag @krudd and &tonyabbott
fuck off

It will be a scary thing if the coalition gain majority of the senate
yeah
We're gonna get fucked
The way it is now is good

this happens to all politicians eventually…

If Abbott continues his gaffes as PM it's gonna be like Australia's version of Bushisms.
there's already an Abbottisms page. ~lol~

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
if your job is to be a lying, soulless cunt; you are a lying, soulless cunt. who cares if it is his job. nazis had jobs.
yeah and most of them were top blokes.

what would you suggest malcolm do? openly rebel against his party at any opportunity, lose his portfolio, get expelled from the party, have no chance of being prime minister or an influential politician ever again?
how do you know he isn't one of the numerous coalition figures actively agitating, within party strictures, against the coalition's NBN plan?

Garygaz

HSC
yeah and most of them were top blokes.

what would you suggest malcolm do? openly rebel against his party at any opportunity, lose his portfolio, get expelled from the party, have no chance of being prime minister or an influential politician ever again?
how do you know he isn't one of the numerous coalition figures actively agitating, within party strictures, against the coalition's NBN plan?
well i guess we have different definitions of top blokes. i would have suggested he never take the broadband portfolio in the first place, it was a poisoned chalice and even more so considering his experience in I.T. i mean, numerous lib backbenchers have spoken out about the paid maternity leave policy, if it wasn't his portfolio, he would be free to speak out against it. whatever he is doing behind close doors is speculation, what he is doing on the public record is pushing a far inferior fibre internet and it is looking likely at this point he has succeeded.

Tasteless

HSC
He has no balls, to be fair no MPs in this country do because each party (and the members that make them up) for some reason needs to be defying the other parties as much as possible, as often as possible, irrespective of anything else.

Apparently in the UK and most other euro places, members are able to cross parliament and argue the opposite side to the majority of their party cos although by and large they represent the party's interests, they're acknowledged as individuals to some degree (having been elected locally). It makes far more sense to discuss things this way (genuinely) than just to effectively force each party member to support the majority/leader's view.
Here, it's pretty much only Independents / small party members that aren't roped into mob mentality bullshit. It's pretty poo.

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
well i guess we have different definitions of top blokes. i would have suggested he never take the broadband portfolio in the first place, it was a poisoned chalice and even more so considering his experience in I.T. i mean, numerous lib backbenchers have spoken out about the paid maternity leave policy, if it wasn't his portfolio, he would be free to speak out against it. whatever he is doing behind close doors is speculation, what he is doing on the public record is pushing a far inferior fibre internet and it is looking likely at this point he has succeeded.
his experience in IT means he was the most qualified candidate for the broadband portfolio, and part of the reason he took it was probably that it was an olive branch extended by tony abbott/the drys after a particularly heated leadership spill and an opportunity for him to again have a cabinet position. whatever he is doing behind closed doors is indeed speculation, but the absence of such evidence only justifies scepticism, not an outright dismissal of his character.

don't forget turnbull arguably saved the NBN; Abbott's plan was to pull the plug on the whole project.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
don't forget turnbull arguably saved the NBN; Abbott's plan was to pull the plug on the whole project.
All or nothing imo. If you aren't going to do it right, leave it to the private sector or another time.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
All or nothing imo. If you aren't going to do it right, leave it to the private sector or another time.
the private sector won't touch it, and certainly not beyond the major cities.

even though extending fibre from the nodes to the premises is more expensive than extending it to premises in the first place, it is better than nothing especially considering in the meantime all users will achieve better speeds, and delaying it now is delaying the inevitable. the opportunity cost of inaction far outweighs the coalition's inferior plan. i'd rather an upgrade to the FTTN network in ~2022-2026 than a FTTP network fully rolled out in ~2030-2040. don't forget that high value users and providers always have the option to have fibre extended to their premises.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)