BOW of 2009 : New Year, New Works :) (2 Viewers)

lizzum

HSC
There are a lot of good ideas going around here :)
I'm working on a story from WWII Holocaust, a girl with an apple who fed a boy in the camps...
So from this I have worked my way through to symbolism used with apples, how in this story it is the extremes of human intention - mass disaster vs saving a life...
Not sure which media I want to work in yet, I do love Graphic Design though...
My main influence is René Magritte - he uses lots of apples too :)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
But it's just so racist and ignorant and western.....?!

chumasicaloo

HSC
Wouldnt t be wonderful to even be nominated for Art Express???
Pretty sure there is no way i can ge there...but if i did...that would be the highlight of my HSC i rekon
im showing how the female form, in a context minus the materialism, stereotypes that fashion, consumerism etc can still be beautiful. It is commenting on the objectification of the female body.
It also has sort of an underlying concept of the bodys ability to convey emotion.
im drawing nudes using charcoal and chalk, and some graphite...

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
It's going to need to be really good to pull off the irony then..which OP didn't seem to understand/tell us.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I've slightly changed my idea from what it was originally.
I'm still painting portraits. I'm also drawing a few as well now.
What I'm doing is painting and drawing portraits of musicians who inspire me. I want to emphasise that each artist has their own unique style and personality so each portrait is done in a different style (in terms of the techniques used, materials used, colours, surfaces and etc.). I think I ended up choosing music because it's just something that inspires me so much.
I'm painting portraits of Van Morrison, Darren Hayes, Tim Minchin and Damien Rice and drawing pictures of Jay Kay, Rufus Wainwright and George Harrison.

rain141

HSC
Meh im attempting to be original in a way, by using different famous artworks to bepict domestic violence throughout the ages

Lucie Lockley

HSC
ive created post it note portraits of obama, hitler, and che.
trying to convey importance of all aspects of history whether indivduals agree or not.

Hannargh

HSC
Jack-Off-Jill666's deviantART gallery

My photos are based on shapes patterns etc. I always wanted to take photos of this old abandoned house, but wasn't sure what, so I took heaps of photos until I came up with the theme I'm running with now.

My photos, all are printed and ready to mount. Photos are 8x10" Platinum Prints from Camera House. I got 11 prints which normally would cost $153.45 for only $19.95 at the last minute thanks to an online promotion.

Last edited:
HSC
im making collages into letters :)
thats the basis for my artwork
the concept is just basically humorous political statements

HoneyBadger

HSC
Mine is a comment on youth culture and varying levels of ambiguity concerning other related issues because apparently art people love ambiguity!
A fridge door is my "canvas".
On this canvas are polaroid pictures, a personalised calender and such things as concert tickets which reflect youth culture.
These polaroids are pretty much imitations of the crappy photos we take when we are out doing stuff with our mates...however all, or the majority, of these mates are me. In some cases I take a heap of photos of me in different poses, doing different things which I then photoshop together BUT some are photos from parties which involve me. I then photoshop my face onto other people of similar build, etc. Ive had a lot of practice and can do it well...people who dont know what im doing or dont know my family often think I have a twin (since figures interact in some photos).

Sarebs

HSC
Mine confuses me sometimes. I have no idea why I chose to depict hell, as I believe there is no God and manage to get into fights at school about haha. Maybe it's because I have strong views on it.

Anyway it's hell based on Dante's poem, set in a surrealist landscape, with cats as figures rather than people. Weird huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)