Bow Pics (1 Viewer)

djfadz

does anyone have pics of their BOW.... i would love to see what people are geting up to... personally i have two works related to each other. They are both sound installations and have people describing their fears coming out of them.... tell lme what you thinnk.

Dj-FaDz

Last edited:

djfadz

here is the pic of the other work thagt is related to that tell me what you think as well...

djfadz

it isn't suppose to be if you went inside you would understand thre are things lpaying inside it is almost a claustophobic sensation when you enter the box through the bottom

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hey djfadz, did u by any chance get inspired by susan hiller's "witness" from the sydney biennale last year? If you don't know what I'm talking about it'd be a good idea to ..try and find out what I'm talking about - your artwork and Hiller's sound installation are pretty similar

dayum i'd like 2 see your artworks in real life, they look interesting.. are you allowed to do installations for your BOW now?

=)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
It was a personal opinion, and I meant no offence but I think that you need to add something to it , to impress the markers.

djfadz

yeah i have added alot of stuff to it... firstly the peopel describing their fears is played continuously which sounds great i can email you a vid of what it sounds and looks like and also my VAPD is full of documentation on it.... so yeah

if you give me a your email i can send you a short vid of what it looks like

Dj-FaDz

djfadz

If anyone wants to see 2 vids of the artwork i have put it up here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/wrx564

they are each 3 megs so it shoudln't take long to download and they are short so don't complain i was doing it on my shitty digital camera so yeah... tell me what you think

thanx

Dj-FaDz

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
hey djfadz, did u by any chance get inspired by susan hiller's "witness" from the sydney biennale last year? If you don't know what I'm talking about it'd be a good idea to ..try and find out what I'm talking about - your artwork and Hiller's sound installation are pretty similar

dayum i'd like 2 see your artworks in real life, they look interesting.. are you allowed to do installations for your BOW now?

=)
yeah, witness was so cool... i spent at least half an hour in there...

pri

HSC
N/A
yeh I loved it too, it was sooo pretty!

DJfadz, ur work "sounds" really similar to that work, it also looks reaaly similar, mebbe u can cite it as inspiration.

silbi

my bow looks like this................. (below)

see nothing?? well.. there u go~~ puharhar.... arghhhh its driving me insane.... its not heading where i want it toooooo =/

guy

HSC
heres one of the major drawings ive done. i did't want to post it in this state, small file, scanned and put together, major bits clipped, colour differences from the scan, its a GIF! and the original is a loooot bigger
and on the very right there is a picture of a hangmans noose
and dont call me fucked up, i do whatever my teacher tells me to (the theme is conformity)

DC10

here's mine:
3 charcoal drawings , about 100x67cm

i stuck to realism to replicate the war photos taken by robert capa and his fellow war-photographers. My reasoning behind this style of work is that nothing can replicate and tell the truth and realities of the harshness of war than the original images themselves.

(http://home.iprimus.com.au/mnleung/dc/2nd piece of artwork_small.jpg)
(http://home.iprimus.com.au/mnleung/dc/first piece of artwork_small.jpg)
(http://home.iprimus.com.au/mnleung/dc/DSCN0760_small.jpg)

Last edited:
hey DC10
ur works are mAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dammn u can draw!! i'm saying this b/c i obviously can't
btw did u draw it from memory or from a picture?
i like the one with the words sample on it. i'm still squiting at it. lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it looks really good
i was also wondering wat kinda critiscm. like negative comments u got in regards to it?

DC10

hahah thanks :) i drawn it from a picture, there's no way i could draw something like that in memory :D - maybe i shouldn't have put the sample word on it LOL :apig: i still have one more to do, asked my art teacher and she said 4 is enough - I hope she's right :D

jello

the works are mostly completed
coz this was taken during the term 2 hols
its pretty much done now
my theme is based on the story of my life and stuff
the images are gonna be made in2 a book

www.users.bigpond.net.au/gelo

*btw disregard the 1st few pics coz they are there 2 link 2 my xanga.... =*

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Damn Jello that took ages to load (actually...it's still loading) :p Direct linkage is your friend! *twiddles thumbs* Ooo You can draw too! Very caricature in design.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
djfadz
Dont kno what it is but hectic stuff!

Well here is my work, just couple of boring pictures. :cool:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)