• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Boxing thread (1 Viewer)

Mozza91

HSC
I'm shocked there is no thread for the 2nd best sport out there discuss all matters boxing right here
Can't wait for Pacquiao to shock the world by beating the Golden Boy

BreezerD

HSC
my old boxing coach fought pacman about 10 years ago for a title :D

he got KOed :p

i've since quit boxing.. anyone who can't even beat manny pacquiao isn't good enough to train me...

but meh, MMA >

:p

Mozza91

HSC
Not many boxing fans I gather so no point going into a rant on why Prince Naseem is the best ever

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
boxing is pretty cool. i'm into a bit of boxing.

do you guys actually box?

i usually just train against my punching bag after i workout. and i might spar my brother once in a while.

Mozza91

HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
boxing is pretty cool. i'm into a bit of boxing.

do you guys actually box?

i usually just train against my punching bag after i workout. and i might spar my brother once in a while.
Not a great deal but looking to get into it going camping with mates and having a boxing tournement should be good

BreezerD

HSC
i did a few months of it then stopped, i train MMA now.. but i like to get the gloves on and have a good ol' box, it's great fun

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Mozza91 said:
Not many boxing fans I gather so no point going into a rant on why Prince Naseem is the best ever
His technique was shit, and it showed in his later fights, but by god he was entertaining, he was the most entertaining boxer ever.

Mozza91

HSC
Hornby said:
His technique was shit, and it showed in his later fights, but by god he was entertaining, he was the most entertaining boxer ever.
Fuck technique with his speed you could be throwing(no Calzaghe jokes allowed) slaps and he'd dominate he made some pretty decent fighters look pathetic by dodging their punches some really good fighters

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Complete domination by Pacman, He is truly the best p4p boxer on the planet. De La Hoya should hang up the gloves after that one. That was brutal.

Jacob2008

HSC
Pacmans speed dominated Oscar, Oscar is past his prime to be honest. Pacman vs Hatton should be a blockbuster, speed vs brawler

J374.

HSC
N/A
Mad Filo pride for the Pacman. Complete domination of DLH.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Can't believe no one has said anything about the Mosley vs Magarito Fight. Margarito is taller, has a longer reach and is willing to trade where most of Shane's opponents prefer to box.
He's still got better skill than Margarito, and is definitely faster. Still, I see closing the distance as being a problem for Shane, and with Margarito being the more powerful puncher I don't see Shane "powerboxing" his way through this one.

Winner Magarito KO Round 10

Last edited:

Mozza91

HSC
Pacquaio vs Hatton is on the pacman will fuck up the overrated british twat

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Pacquaio vs Hatton is on the pacman will fuck up the overrated british twat
^ I want to see that british twat win. After Pacman didn't accept the monetary conditions when the fight was first offered.

I can't believe no one as commented on the Arce vs Darchinyan fight: Fight of the year so far and little guys can throw some bombs. Anyone interested in watching the fight links are below:

Part 1

Part 2

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
A Green v Mundine rematch was recently announced to take place sometime early next year.
A pay day in and around $5 million has been spoken of, but it is still early days.

Thoughts?

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Just read the article and well done to Green for dictating the terms. In Perth and at Light Heavyweight, I'd say this will happen in October/November, because Green wants to take some warm-up fights and he has to get back in condition. As for Mundine, after he goes through the Bulli Blaster I want to see him fight Sakio Bika, he has shyed away from the fight for quite some time and it would bea real test for Mundine before the showdown with Green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)