bracket creep (1 Viewer)

bubblemachine

HSC
hey so i was wondering what are some strategies used to eliminate bracket creep?

bouncing

HSC
what is bracket creep? which topic do we learn this in :\

Toranilor

HSC
what is bracket creep? which topic do we learn this in :\

Bracket Creep is a taxation flaw where, due to inflation and other factors, the average income of a citizen increases, while the the brackets for income tax remain contstant. This means that there are more people (proportionately) in the higher tax brackets than were years ago, causing them to pay more in income taxes they 'creep up' the brackets.

1titanic

HSC
woah... I haven't learnt that yet
what topic is this in?

1titanic

HSC
it better not be in the hsc but maybe I should know some basic information about it just in case but the thing is that my teacher haven't teached about bracket creep

random-1005

Banned
HSC
it better not be in the hsc but maybe I should know some basic information about it just in case but the thing is that my teacher haven't teached about bracket creep

lol, hsc economics doesnt even have personal income tax and the name sounds like some weird medical condition, some nobody teacher from a shit school made it up , economists never use that term

1titanic

HSC
lol, hsc economics doesnt even have personal income tax and the name sounds like some weird medical condition, some nobody teacher from a shit school made it up , economists never use that term
hahahs you're funny but some of the above post explained it is about inflation etc...

Deathless

HSC
@ bouncing

I think bracket creep isn't a term you need to know for HSC economics multiple choice or short answer, but it's a useful term to keep handy for a HSC economics essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)