Brands you hate, and why :) (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i hate really dirty, really ripped up clothes priced at $90.

I'll go to vinnies, pay $2 and rip up my own clothes thank you.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i hate really dirty, really ripped up clothes priced at $90.

I'll go to vinnies, pay $2 and rip up my own clothes thank you.
Smart lady

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, this is something I don't understand, everywhere I look lately it seems clothes (denim pants in particular) have purposely placed holes/tears in them, but they aren't stiched around...so what is to stop them fraying more and eventually completely disintergrating?

s0k0y0e0

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ok, this is something I don't understand, everywhere I look lately it seems clothes (denim pants in particular) have purposely placed holes/tears in them, but they aren't stiched around...so what is to stop them fraying more and eventually completely disintergrating?
Yeah I think the same sometimes! There is nothing stopping them from falling apart, but aparently people think they're "so cool" to wear, and make part with lotsa money to wear em.

He he; just thinking, it'd be kinda funny if someone was walking down the street and their like $100 jeans fell off because they frayed so much the whole things came apart! :p
(Well it'd be funny for people watching, maybe not the person wearing them!)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
transcendent said:
I don't like 'USA' or I *heart* NY shirts.
omg. this dude was in one of my lectures the other week and he had the white "i *heart" new york" shirt on....i hardly see anyone wear it though.

on another note: it's irritating to see people walking around on campus wearing oxford, harvard, yale and stanford jersey's and jumpers...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
omg. this dude was in one of my lectures the other week and he had the white "i *heart" new york" shirt on....i hardly see anyone wear it though.

on another note: it's irritating to see people walking around on campus wearing oxford, harvard, yale and stanford jersey's and jumpers...
it's a good thing alot people don't wear it. i don't mind other people's fashion senses besides thoses shirts. yeah uni logo shirts are a bit pretentious.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Oh shit, lets roar up the dumpster for my shortlist of labels better used as oil rags or firewood:
Mambo (ughhhh)
Burberry
Von Dutch (get over it!!!, its all fake!)
Adidas
Fubu
Rappers brands worn by ethnics, trailer trash and abos (give me strength)
USA jumpers

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hey i have mambo shirts and the like, but ive had them long before it was "cool"

What shits me, are those asians who wear the "mambo" or "ripcurl" or some other surfey/skatie/alternative brand, yet gave me the fucken stares when i used to skate in that gear back in high school.

Its a case of fucking mongism.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I'll just say right now how much I hate Urban store, YD, Tarocash... etc. I dunno, I hate Urban store (and Urban equipment...) because they make that really funky bohemian look, once reserved for the fasion concious and the generally trendy, mass produced and artificial! Like those effing Industrie Polos, that are all designed to be worn with the collar poped and have the same tears in every shirt!! ERGH! Funky isn't funky if everyone can wear it...

I hate YD and Tarotrash for similar reasons, the mass production of it all, and taking a very distinct, original look and making it accessible to anyone, anywhere!

featous

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I hate YD and Tarotrash for similar reasons, the mass production of it all, and taking a very distinct, original look and making it accessible to anyone, anywhere!
perhaps the only way to preserve this is through expensive designer brands,

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
featous said:
perhaps the only way to preserve this is through expensive designer brands,
No, the funky look is that of no name polos and vintage blazers! Stuff you find in OpShops which, as I said, is a really hard look to put together.

People are able to just walk into a random Urban Store and pull off the shelf a look designed for them, complete with a NEW blazer thats been styled to look vintage!! I mean, WTF is that?! If you're gonna wear vintage, do it right!

Its not that it should be expensive, I mean, its not liked D&G or RL exactly make funky clothes, there stuff is a little more styalish, funky is the newtown/inner city look, not something you can pick up from Parra, Livo, Campbeltown, Castle Hill, and its the same everywhere!!

/rant

featous

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Its not that it should be expensive, I mean, its not liked D&G or RL exactly make funky clothes, there stuff is a little more styalish, funky is the newtown/inner city look, not something you can pick up from Parra, Livo, Campbeltown, Castle Hill, and its the same everywhere!!
so you must live in upmarket central areas, sounds like the same thing to me,

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, its called emo, i hate emo.

comeasyouare

HSC
N/A
Will_Sparky said:
I'll just say right now how much I hate Urban store, YD, Tarocash... etc. I dunno, I hate Urban store (and Urban equipment...) because they make that really funky bohemian look, once reserved for the fasion concious and the generally trendy, mass produced and artificial! Like those effing Industrie Polos, that are all designed to be worn with the collar poped and have the same tears in every shirt!! ERGH! Funky isn't funky if everyone can wear it..
And perhaps we should ban windows/macos and make everyone install linux on their computers. I mean, only people who are intelligent enough and spend 16 hours out of every day sitting in front of their computer should be able to harness its power, right?
Or maybe remove nutritional information from packaging. After all, only people with a phd in nutrition deserve to be healthy.
Or maybe we should abolish individual course cutoffs and set a blanket 99.00 for getting into uni. Uni is meant to be for intelligent people, isn't it?
Just because people don't devote their lives to keeping up with the latest fashion trends doesn't mean they can't look good. I'd suggest if you're so funky you'd have a completely unique style to anyone else anyway, and the chances of these fashion stores seeing you and copying your clothing are limited if you're the only one wearing it. Otherwise maybe you're just copying someone else who's equally pissed off at you for doing it.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
comeasyouare said:
And perhaps we should ban windows/macos and make everyone install linux on their computers. I mean, only people who are intelligent enough and spend 16 hours out of every day sitting in front of their computer should be able to harness its power, right?
Or maybe remove nutritional information from packaging. After all, only people with a phd in nutrition deserve to be healthy.
Or maybe we should abolish individual course cutoffs and set a blanket 99.00 for getting into uni. Uni is meant to be for intelligent people, isn't it?
Just because people don't devote their lives to keeping up with the latest fashion trends doesn't mean they can't look good. I'd suggest if you're so funky you'd have a completely unique style to anyone else anyway, and the chances of these fashion stores seeing you and copying your clothing are limited if you're the only one wearing it. Otherwise maybe you're just copying someone else who's equally pissed off at you for doing it.
or he could walk around with a pink blazer and matching tutu! that way he'll always be individual and unique :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)