• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Breakfast? (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
At the uni i live on quickies and hot chips. Both together if im quite hungry otherwise a quickie will due considering i have breaks at awkward hours.

Never had a salad... im against paying $7> for a salad unless it is at a restaurant. The hot roll place is alright but its quite a rort too and they dont use real mayonaise.. id much rather a subway.

Otherwise, the sam shop is great. Always go there if i need a little snack. Fuck the vending machines. You pay $3 for a can of v from a machine and $2.70 for a bottle which is significantly bigger from the sam shop.\

Dont do breaky at the uni. If i have a morning class and i havent eaten, i wait until lunch. If im hungry ill just eat at home before.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, I didnt mean get it from uni, I wouldnt touch those salads :( I got a few good ones around Parra that I get my stuff from in the mornings :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
You know upstairs isn't all that bad... you can still gets wedges, kebabs etc (not that i've ever gotten any of that stuff from there but i heard u still can)

Solution (if u don't care about being healthy)

Upstairs there's this lil section with asian/euro type bakery... basically it's got stuff like chicken bread, bread thing with sausage in it and urrh other stuff as well ... like strange stuff u've probably never come acrosss type bread

it's really good value for money i think

1.50 for all and its on the same par of yumminess as everything else and they fill u up just as much as a sandwhich except 2.50 cheaper.

i personally like the sausage thing but only because i like frankfurts :p

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
the wedges aren't the same
before if i wanted relatively cheap food $3.50 or so from my memory id get wedges + free sweet chilli + sour cream
NOW
i get some tight ass asian lady who tries to pack as little wedges into my container as she can
and then charges me 40c for a sweet chilli and then 40c for a sourcream

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah the wedges before were over-filling, I could never finish them by myself. Dodgy :( I'll probably grab stuff from parra or from home now

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
Haha you serious? How do you respond to the people asking "hey, I've never seen you before... which room/dorm/other-location are you in?"

You can... its about 5 bucks my friend told me if u want to eat there

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Skittled: you could always rough up the hair, and scrunch up your shirt a bit, and give them the wink ;)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh i buy my food at stocklands before i get to uni, or i bring it from home
i dont like asian food... that and im a tightass
smoked salmon sushi at uni has not much salmon, but smoked salmon sushi at stocklands packs in the salmon
yummyy
lol

HSC
N/A
The one at uni doesn't have ANY smoked salmon dear, it's all raw...

Skittled: I rarely go to the sandwich place. Whilst healthy, it's a total ripoff - like $6 for a relatively simple sandwich (eg ham and cheese). For that kind of money, it should have totally organic ingredients and have one of those toothpicks with an olive through it on top :S

H?

buddy
HSC
glitterfairy said:
The one at uni doesn't have ANY smoked salmon dear, it's all raw...

Skittled: I rarely go to the sandwich place. Whilst healthy, it's a total ripoff - like $6 for a relatively simple sandwich (eg ham and cheese). For that kind of money, it should have totally organic ingredients and have one of those toothpicks with an olive through it on top :S
Most of the places are a complete ripoff, which sucks. The only decent feed there is the thai place, and that's nothing special.

At least there's that subway discount with the SAM card, and it's right outside!

HSC
N/A
I find The Grill isn't too bad... aside from the fact their foods are somewhat really unhealthy :S

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I rarely go to the sandwich place. Whilst healthy, it's a total ripoff - like $6 for a relatively simple sandwich (eg ham and cheese).
Well.. I realised today the SAM shop has sandwiches for around $3.. but they're from the fridge/cooler area and I have no idea how long they've been there..

But had a ham/cheese/lettuce one today and it tasted alright..

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Yeah, the SAM sandwiches arent too bad if you need something relatively 'healthy' by uni standards, and fast!

Whats the subway discount like? Is it just a crappy percentage off?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MaryJane said:
Yeah, the SAM sandwiches arent too bad if you need something relatively 'healthy' by uni standards, and fast!

Whats the subway discount like? Is it just a crappy percentage off?
What's the price of a normal 6-inch? Subtract about 20c from that. That price is the price of a 6-inch and the smallest drink. (yes, cryptic sort of way to work it out but i can't remember any exact details!)

H?

buddy
HSC
it's either 5.25 or 6.25 for a 6-inch with a drink.

8.25 for a footlong with a drink.

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to thank whoever suggested Mac Centre - I drove there on my own for the first time ever today, and had a slice of Banana Bread for breakfast! :D

Q: Where is Baker's Delight in Mac Centre?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Where is the nana bread from? I loooove banana bread!

Bakers is over near Franklins... If you walk up to the next level from the food court, and keep heading over towards the right side of the centre, its over there.

It's kinda hard to explain if you've never been there before. If you walk out of Myer's top level (the menswear and miss shop), its on that level I think...

...Does that even remotely make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)