Brendan Nelson new Opposition Leader (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah- you passed the GST. Endeared you to the public for life....

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Musk said:
Macarthur has been the seat given to the winning government, Farmer broke its trend for the first time. Eden Monareo didn't
Farmer also suffered an 11% swing against him reducing Macarthur to what I think is now the most marginal seat in NSW.

Lyn Allison

HSC
N/A
Dear Musk,

As we have failed to win any seats federally or within the states since 2002 funding is a major concern for our party. With the issues around the enactment of the GST and the death of Don Chipp we have lost support. Many, such as Josie above, claim it to be a result of some of our party allowing the GST to pass through the Senate. However, this is a near ignorant approach. We believe it has more to do with the generational lapse. At our conception 30 years ago people knew our aims, they new the importance of the party and they new Chipp. Don had a personal following, a group who shared his annoyance with the major parties. The results for this were clear. At our first federal election we polled around 10% in both the lower house and the senate.

However, people have begun to stray. Many of our supporters have moved on in life just like Don and others are unaware of our presence. With their passing we have also lost financial support.

You are correct. Our party needs to spread the word to the public and through the YADS we will try and achieve this.

In regard to pressuring NSW Labor times have been made tougher. Last election we failed to gain any LC seats and Arthur's term expired giving us no state representation in NSW. We will continue to advocate through other means to keep the State Government of NSW accountable to its people.

Regards,

Senator Lyn Allison
Australian Democrats Parliamentary Leader
Senator for Victoria

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
You need to realise the increasing trend toward presidential style campaigning and take advantage of that. Although I have always supported Labor I often knew nothing about their candidates. However Kevin Rudd had always stood out on the rare occasion I watched Sunrise on Seven, he was always there, giving his two cents. The Democrats are hidden away, forgotten, it needs to be reinvigorated, it needs policies and to stand by them. It needs to target issues that people are passionate about. Now more than ever is the greatest time to take advantage of this. The people aren't favouring Brendan Nelson as an alternative, so make yourselves be seen as a viable alternative 'should/if' Kevin Rudd fails.

David Bentham

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well, if Peter Debnam can't manage a gym, how can he manage the $320 billion dollar NSW economy?

Fact: He was the director of a stock and station agency that lost money
Fact: He ran a gym that he later removed from his CV
Fact: He was the director of a prawn hatchery that went into liquidation

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Peter Debnam said:
Where was Kevin Rudd during this ALP negative smear campaign?
Come on, Mr Debnam. It's not a smear campaign to point out the facts.

Morris Iemma MP

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
So labor sucks economically?
Excuse me, Musk.
The NSW 'State Failure' as the Liberals like to put it is not actually failure on our part. The Liberal Federal Government constantly underfunded us in an attempt to choke us off.

Now that the Hon. Kevin Rudd and the ALP hold federal government we have two options:

1) We will receive as much funding as we like and there will be less 'state failure'. However, poor fiscal policy decisions by the Federal government will essentially screw the economy with skyrocketing inflation, etc.

2) 'State failure' will increase but we will need to find a new source to blame it on. More kids die, less hopsital beds, poorer education standards etc remain but be sure that the buck will stop with Mr.Rudd- no more little Johnnie to blame it on.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Fuck off Iemma.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Hey Morris you're pretty handsome.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iemma sucks balls. If you ever come to a Whitlam YLA meeting I'm gonna kick you in the teeth.

Morris Iemma MP

HSC
N/A
Musk said:
By the way, I need to ask.

What is Menai's infrastructure bribe for 2011?

Danna Vale does 10 times more work than that useless Alison Magaritty (as if she deserves her name spelt correctly) of yours. I guess I see her when the Alford's Point Bridge opens and in late 2010
Dear Musk,

In accordance with ALP policy I am unable to discuss specific local policies. In the last state election fellow residents made the mistake of electing an ALP member to the legislative assembly so we are obligated to offer the voters some incentive. However, such beneficial policies cannot be released at this time. Please expect the release of 'reasons to vote [1] Labor in Menai' on the eve of the next NSW state election.

If you doubt the competency of your local member I assure you this is beyond her control. The Federal member for Hughes acts as the weapon of the previous Liberal Federal government. In my opinion, the Hon. Danna Vale MP stunted the growth of Menai by tighning the chain on financial spending, as a pawn of the Treasurers attempt to strangle the states dry of cash. In fact, all bad things to have occurred in the state of NSW under my and my predecessors leadership is part of a national Liberal Party conspiracy. My senior advisor, state treasurer the Hon. Michael Costa made this conspiracy apparent whilst asking the Hon. Peter Costello to interfere with the Reserve Banks independance and control the interest rates disregarding their importance in controlling inflation.

Kevin.Rudd

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Iemma sucks balls. If you ever come to a Whitlam YLA meeting I'm gonna kick you in the teeth.
Please, your thuggish actions will not be tolerated so I ask you to stop threatening my state minion.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I supported Turnbull.

That guy was ace at EVERYTHING. Also as environmental minister, he had less gaffes than Garrett.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
True.

O'Farrell will pull through in the next election but ;)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHA. And smear campaigns to run against old friends.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Judging by who was online at this late hour, the trolls are either Lengy's or yourself.

Or mine :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)