Bridging Courses - You Bastards! (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Chemistry Bridging Course 2006
Fee: $250

The course consists of five days of lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions. It will be held from Tuesday 14 February to Saturday 18 February, 2006 in the Chemistry Department, The Australian National University.
I'm sorry for not doing chemistry in highschool, but do you really have to punish me by taking away O-Week? :( Has anyone here done chemistry at ANU? Do the lecturers throw you into the proverbial deep end or do you think that a 5 day course is a must to prepare for chemistry? The only people I've asked so far have been two Phb people - and I take anything they say regarding the ease of courses with a grain of salt! :p

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
I'm sorry for not doing chemistry in highschool, but do you really have to punish me by taking away O-Week? :( Has anyone here done chemistry at ANU? Do the lecturers throw you into the proverbial deep end or do you think that a 5 day course is a must to prepare for chemistry? The only people I've asked so far have been two Phb people - and I take anything they say regarding the ease of courses with a grain of salt! :p
pssht hs chem doesn't teach you anything about anything. the calculations are very pathetic. that said, <3 the industrial chem q last year.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
cherryblossom said:
pssht hs chem doesn't teach you anything about anything. the calculations are very pathetic. that said, <3 the industrial chem q last year.
I think that there might have been a few things that you learnt in those two years though. I know nothing beyond general knowledge - I can't even do a chemical equation, and I don't really know what one is anyway. So yeah, maybe bridging course ahoy! :p

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
As it seems you have no idea it could be a good idea to do it - afterall NSW HSC chem does go as far as mole theory (which is a far cry from general knowledge/intuitive leap).

This said if you're doing a chem intro course it probably starts with the basics and then rapidly accelerates - at least thats what maths does...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
neo_o said:
I think that there might have been a few things that you learnt in those two years though. I know nothing beyond general knowledge - I can't even do a chemical equation, and I don't really know what one is anyway. So yeah, maybe bridging course ahoy! :p
hmm I don't get how you're going to learn all this in five days

didn;t you do science in jnr school, they teach you basic stuff then.
chem eq is like a notation of what happens during the chemical reaction...dude, you're doing a science degree! :p
it's just like maths neo, you've got to make sure there's the same moles of each element on either side.

Kirika

HSC
Ok, this is a little off topic but i am in a big rush and wanting to know if the ANu does bridging courses for those who needed to have done Maths Ext1 for the HSC but didnt... i have looked on tne website for details but only found the chem one... and the reason i dont know anything about it is coz its not for me (im doing arts/law) its for a friend and we really need to know... please help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)