• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

brokeback mountain (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
i'm actually really interested in this, not to see donnie darko and twatface ream each other (tho that sounds pretty rad), but mainly to see the reactions it causes when it gets released. with the content, and it being a mainstream film and all, i predict it'll be one this generation's cinematic 'events'; one of those films that'll be debated over for years.

i'm not a fan of ang lee, though.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I don't know what to think of Ang Lee. I loved Eat, Drink, Man, Woman and despised Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

To be honest I haven't heard too much about the content of Brokeback Mountain. I was under the impression that it was mainly the subject matter which might be controversial amongst some groups. Is it very explicit?

olchik

HSC
I look forward to seeing that movie, it should be very interesting

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i want to see it for the mark of the proper beginning of anne hathaway's career.
i seriously think that girl has potential. she's very emotive and genuine. hard to explain, but i think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

plus, you know, all that cowboy sex. mmhmmm...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i want to see it. it looks good. and of curse, two hot guys getting together is awesome in my books

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I was delighted to hear that on At The Movies Margaret and David gave it both *****. I am definately going to see this film, I was even more excited when i found out Ang Lee had directed it when i was such a huge fan of Crouching Tiger and Eat Drink Man Woman, to span such a contrast to these movies and for it to rate so highly i believe has restored my faith in the movies and has made me even more proud to be gay as i hope the impact of this film will push for more acceptance in the community.

HSC
I've seen it, its a great movie... Although very slow and long.

I don't really recommend you pay the $10 or whatever to see it at the movies, wait til it comes out on DVD because you would be sorely disappointed due to the publicity it has gotten for being "controversial".

They kiss more then they do anything else and its quite a sad story line... I feel for Twist!!! And Alma and Junior... and bloody well character in the film!!!

Last edited:
HSC
I saw this today, it was pretty long, but really good. both Heath and Jake delivered great performances and brought the characters to life well. GOOD MOVIE. however i love the notebook, so movies like this are my type. If ur not into long movies, forget this one.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
see i didn't feel it dragged in its length, i think the pace suited the relationship that developed.

every now and then i'd sort of get a shock and remind myself that this is a love story between two men. it felt so sincere and the direction was excellent, those fast, sharp flashbacks that lee used in a few scenes really gave it such feeling.

it just felt... like there was so much between them that you didn't get to see enough? brilliant movie though.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i too found this movie to be excellent, and i loved the pacing of it - though i know quite a few people who would say that it drags, but not me! All four of the main cast were fantastic in their roles, especially the 2 guys, and by the end the tears were rolling - i choked up so many times in the film, but managed to keep my shit together until the end!

quick question - i saw anna faris' name in the credits but can't remember when she was in the film - can anyone help me out? thanks!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
dead cactus said:
i too found this movie to be excellent, and i loved the pacing of it - though i know quite a few people who would say that it drags, but not me! All four of the main cast were fantastic in their roles, especially the 2 guys, and by the end the tears were rolling - i choked up so many times in the film, but managed to keep my shit together until the end!

quick question - i saw anna faris' name in the credits but can't remember when she was in the film - can anyone help me out? thanks!
she was the annoying ranchers wife at that random charity benefit that jake and his wife went to. he danced with her.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i want to see it for the mark of the proper beginning of anne hathaway's career.
yay for boobies!

anyway, the hype and controversy really hurt the movie. it wasnt that i had high expectations, or whatever, i liked it, although i seem to be raving about munich more than brokeback mountain, and whatever reason it is, it says something.

It didnt touch me enough. And don't we all know that we love getting touched.

Brokeback Mountain is good, but not memorable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)