BRW Top 100 Accounting Firms 2006 (1 Viewer)

khosanman

HSC
Hi all

1. I cant seem to find a list of the BRW top 100 accounting firms on the internet anywhere. There was a post on here with it, but the link doesnt work, anyone have any idea.

2. Also does anyone know if UHY Haines Norton is a form with a good rep, for auditing anyway?

3. And is auditing a good place to start to move into corporate finance, transaction servicer after, and maybe into an invetment bank?

EDITED:

http://rapidshare.com/files/29774534/BRWTop100Acct_Full.pdf.html

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
N/A
Re: BRW Top 100 accounting firms

It could be quite hard to find the BRW list, due to there discontinued service with Factiva.

cl3nta

HSC

yeh I doubt you'll get it online. But bigger libraries keep upto 4-5 years of BRW's so all you need to do is go in and search on their catalogue and then photocopy the list. The NLA in canberra, can even let you do the search at home and reserve it - all you need to do then is collect it and photocopy it :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

khosanman said:
3. And is auditing a good place to start to move into corporate finance, transaction servicer after, and maybe into an invetment bank?
It is probably better than most other service lines...not sure where Consulting would fit in with all that.

khosanman

HSC

Thanks guys.

Do any of you know aswell if after a year,or even 6months it would be fairly easy to move from a smaller (middle sized) accounting firm into one of the big 4?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

What issue was it? USYD might have it online.

EDIT: It does [ Business review weekly [electronic resource] : BRW - Factiva: 08/01/1983 to present], tell me what the hell to type in the factiva box, I don't know how it works

khosanman

HSC

jb_nc said:
What issue was it? USYD might have it online.

EDIT: It does [ Business review weekly [electronic resource] : BRW - Factiva: 08/01/1983 to present], tell me what the hell to type in the factiva box, I don't know how it works
BRW Top 100 Accounting firms

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

No results.

turtleface

HSC

There is a way, but you need a valid BRW subscriber number, then go to the BRW website and click on "Lists"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I have the physical magazine with it in front of me... what do you need to know exactly? And no I'm not typing it up :p

is a roflcopter
HSC

w00t kpmg is number 2

i laff@u minai :D

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

apply for merchant banking jobs

khosanman

HSC

jb_nc said:
apply for merchant banking jobs
I dont have any experience for that. And I wouldve missed all the grad interviews, and I doubt theres any grad jobs now,

Plus they want dudes with exceptional results.

All I got is a double accounting / banking and finance degrees from monash with about a credit average. And 1year low level accounting experience overseas.

What do you do

turtleface

HSC

Depends, I have several suggestions but it really depends on whether you want a prestigious IB job with a top tier or well known boutique, or an obscure M&A advisory job at some lesser known boutique:

Put you name with a recruitment agency and they'll find you when theres an opportunity come up

Try and transfer into some Corporate Finance/Transaction advisory or even Taxation role at your accounting firm, its a bit easier to get into an IB role with that kind of background than audit I daresay.

Try and get into an ANZ accounting department (Preferably Group Finance). I hear it's relatively common to get transferred into ANZIB

Go back to uni and do a JD. Law degrees help heaps for IBing nowadays.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

A credit average probably wouldn't get you into Melb's JD would it? I think you'd need Honours with that to be considered.

Maybe go back to Monash's LLB or do the LEC if it's offered in Melbourne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)