BSci Offer, Yippie. Enrolement??Qs? (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Thanks for that D. heres the current situation;

Stage 1-Required for Medical Science.
BABS1201 Molecues, Cells and Genes (6 UOC) (1st session)
SCIF1111 Perspectives in Med. Science (6 UOC(1sr session)
ANAT1521 Anatomy for Medical Science (6 UOC)
PLUS one of: CHEM1011 Fundamentals of Chem 1A (6 UOC) CHEM1031 Higher Chemistry 1C (6 UOC)(1st session)
PLUS one of: CHEM1021 Fundamentals of Chem 1B (6 UOC) CHEM1041 Higher Chemistry 1D (6 UOC)(2nd Semester)
PLUSoneof: BIOS1101 Evolutionary & Functional Biol (6 UOC)(2nd Semester)-can do butwont BIOS2021 Genetics (6 UOC)(2nd Semester)-will do.

So i now have BABS1201, CHEM1031, MATH1141 and SCIF1111.
So all i need for the requirements for 1st year medical science are;
CHEM1041,which i can do second semester,BIOS2021-second semester.

Also this ANAT1521 i confusing me, it doesnt have link and i cantr find any info on it and it wont show up in the catalogue when adding courses.
Whats going on here, do i need that for the first year of medical science to be able to progress from 1st year sci to second year medsci smoothly??

Last edited:

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
I don't know what's going on with ANAT1521, maybe they're going to change it's course code to something else, that's why no one can access it? This is one of those things I'd ask the faculty about, it might just be a matter of taking a different anatomy course, but I'm just guessing.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Hmm, silly anatomy.
Well I still haven't enrolled but they are pending so i am organising my timetable and for SCIF1110, it says 5 contact hours in the handbook, but in my timetable it only has one. and i cant add any more classes(for any of my courses), all that SCIF1110 has is a 1 hour lecture on tuesday from 5-6, when all else i have that day is a 2 hours lecture for MATH1141 between 9-11, im gonna see now if i can slot something in the middle, hmm. So whats happening with these hours, its supposed to be 5, not one???

Thanks for the replies

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Don't know, the handbook's saying only two cantact hours now, but they've only got a one hour lecture up. Enrol in what you can, and check back later when they've fixed it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hi Chris. You should have posted in the UNSW forum. I didn't know you had so many questions! But most of them are clarified very well by others.

As to ANAT1521 Anatomy for Medical Science (6 UOC), you cannot enrol in it because it is strictly limited to students in the MedSc program. It is the same principle as courses that are restricted to the Optometry program, or the Psychology program, only students who are enrolled in these prgrams can enrol in these respective courses.

You have to make it up after you have transferred from Sci to MedSc.

I thought SCIF1111 is also restricted to students in the MedSc program. :confused:

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Hey Survivor, nice to see you here.

Um, that SCIF1111 is restricted to medsci, but not the scif1110, which is only 3uoc and had one hour per week which was tuesday afternoon from 5-6, and my timetable meant that i would have like a two hour gap then have a one hour lecture at 5-6, really bad.

Anyways I enrolled yesterday night and here are my courses;
-BABS1201 - Molecues, Cells and Genes (My favourite)
-CHEM1031 - Higher Chemistry (Also a great course)
-MATH1131 - Mathematics 1A(was going to take harder one, but might do in sessions 2.
-PHYS1121 - Physics 1A (just a filler, the best I could come up with and I also did the prelim and half the hsc course of physics so, I should be fine marks wise. I also looked at the description and alot of the stuff we learn in this course is very similar to the hsc style course, even though it would be in more detail at uni.

So there it goes. Enrolling done. Does anyone want to see my timetable, how would I load it up(a link or a pic).

Thanks everyone for your help, it was greatly appreciated. You all helped me make better informed decisions.

Yours faithfully Christopher Fife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)