building entry pass - WTF?? (1 Viewer)

rhaz

HSC
i was just looking at the schoolies website now and it has some crap about a 'building entry pass' and apparently "You will need a building entry pass to access your accommodation." What the hell! This is the first ive heard of this, and because its within 60 days of schoolies, it will cost us $50 each if we need one, BUT, our travel agent did not say a single thing about it, nor have i ever heard anyone else say a thing about it?

has anyone else got one??

Natla

HSC
you only need a building entry pass if you booked your accomodation through schoolies.com, and if you did book through them they would have sent you a few emails about it.

but if you have a travel agent i assume you didnt go through the site, and then it should be all good :)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Be careful because alot of travel agents are sus and just go through schoolies.com on your behalf anyway...

rhaz

HSC
Well i just got an email back from schoolies.com and they said you need a building entry pass regardless of whether you booked through schoolies.com or not. If my fucking travel agent didnt do anything about it i am going to be extremely pissed off because thats another $50 each for all 8 of us going because of the "late fee" for getting an entry pass. I'd probably go to the travel agent and make them pay, its kinda their responsibility to tell us these things or organise it for us.

rhaz

HSC
Oh fucking hell, my urge to kill someone is massive right now. I have to round up all my other 8 mates, in the middle of studying/doing exams, get them to get passport photos and fill out these forms and send them off because the shitty as schoolies company dicked us around. We & the travel agent had alot of trouble early because the schoolies company changes hands in the middle of the year, and its just getting worse. FOR FUCK SAKE

Jimmy Pax

HSC
I went through a travel agent and I knew that ages ago. that is all. kthx

lol rofllmao
n00b

Natla

HSC
but why do you need a building pass if you didnt book with the site?

what if you were just a bunch of teenagers going to surfers after school... but not for schoolies, and you got there and they were like "get a building pass. $50!" :S

rhaz

HSC
Jimmy Pax said:
I went through a travel agent and I knew that ages ago. that is all. kthx

lol rofllmao
n00b
you've got alot of attitude mate, seen your shit throughout alot of threads. Stop trolling...

Amish27

HSC
he may have attitude, but he doesnt have ot fork out the extra $50 per person. It would be the same with you if you did some research...schoolies website heading "Building Entry Passes." Everyone needs one in that time, i also went through travel agent and we told her about it. Better luck next time bud.

pete_mate

HSC
i was angry about it, but it turns out that its just a threat to make you get them on time.

its only $50 if your a toolie, but they waive it if your a schoolie. (they actually check)

so you can stop wah-ing

Last edited:

Dominic

HSC
N/A
I'm very interested in this issue as the full story has not yet been revealed and some people may be tricked out of money. I'd like to know exactly what has gone on and do something about it for anyone who has had problems.

To my knowledge, the building pass is required only for rooms whose booking during schoolies is controlled by BreakFree or building is controlled by them, the company that owns schoolies.com while they control a lot of rooms and buildings, they obviously don't own the entire Gold Coast.

I recommend anyone who has booked through a travel agent and not been informed of this additional cost contact Legal Aid or Fair Trading and describe the situation and complain.

Legal Aid has in past years had a lot to say about BreakFree's practices based on complaints they have got, which have resulted in Fair Trading and the ACCC getting involved to have BreakFree change unfair treatment of young people during schoolies.

Also, I ask that you go to the National Schoolies Forums (of which I'm admin) and describe the situation there. As a Social Worker, one of the things I do is advocate for schoolies in situations where they are potentially being taken advantage of or ripped off or hurt. Get it on record there if you don't want to go to Legal Aid or Fair Trading and we will get to the bottom of it.

It may just be the case that you have to pay, but the problem I see is you were not told of the additional cost by your travel agent who booked for you via this company in some way or one of their buildings.

Natla

HSC
i was emailing schoolies (they never got my building pass application that i sent in the mail 2 months ago!).. anyway i asked them about needing it if you don't book through schoolies.com and they said:

"If it is not listed as one of the Schoolies.com buildings then you should be fine.

If you have any doubts call the resort and see whether they require you to have one."

how confusing. so yeah if your building is a schoolies building you need it. see ya!

Alicia Coote

HSC
the schoolies.com.website is messed up anyway, I'm going to Noosa with 8 mates and we all sent th building entry form thing off months ago (separately)and were emailed this week saying we hadnt sent them off and wanted us to pay the $50 each but when we rang schoolies.com, they had got it but sent th emails in error....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)