Business Admin vs. Applied Finance (1 Viewer)

t & co.

HSC
N/A
I'm tossing up between combining Commerce-Accounting with either Bus.Admin or Applied Finance next year, so if anyone could give me pros & cons about them it would be greatly appreciated.

My uai was 95.85, so I should be right to get into either course.

Thanks in advance.

doe

HSC
N/A
i would assume applied finance would be fairly specific to the finance industry, while BBA would let you have more broader options.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
i'm struggling with tat too.....help!!! more specific pplzzz~~~ thx~~
From my unerstanding,
B AppFin applies specifically to FINANCE, (Money markets/bonds/investment portfolios etc)
BBA, would be broad in the sense of understanding the behaviour of business and consumers.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i thought BBA was more of a management type degree.... ::confused

what i would do is do bba/b.com-accg that way if your not satisfied with the bba part of your degree, you could internally transfer to b.appfin because it requires a slightly less GPA criteria to trasnfer into.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i put fin + acc first...then bba +acc.....so if i don't like fin later...is it ok to transfer? wel..tat's if i will make in!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Personally I would enjoy BBA more than Finanace. Especially for those combining with accounting, you get to study some of the 'soft' skills like business communications, human resources, organisational psychology...plus you will be taught strategic management by an MGSM lecturer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)