business cadetships (1 Viewer)

55746187max

HSC
hey

im really keen on doin one of them business cadetships nxt year, where you do work experience at Price Waterhouse Coopers and other big finance companies

just wonderin, are these hard to get into? do my my marks/UAI hav to be really good?

cheers

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'll probabaly be applying for one as well. I need to talk to my career adviser soon :)

For more information, look here:

http://www.businesscadetships.com.au/

Though, the companies for 2008's applications as of now have not been published yet.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
wish id known about those when i was in year 12. Public schools for you eh.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
I know someone who managed to get one through UTS (he got 96.xx for his UAI) actually, i'm pretty sure his first day was today.

apparently it's pretty selective, the UAI you'll need will depend on what university you want to do the cadetship through. you also need to do a fuckload of interviews.

Last edited:

hunni.xx

HSC
I'm starting a cadetship right now, and it's a good start for you even knowing about them... A lot of smart people miss out not hearing anything... Applications generally don't close until June 20th, and they don't open until a bit closer that date. But biggest advice... Go to the ICAA Cadetship Info Evening... You will meet all the firms out there and gain all the forms and info you need... I don't think you need to be super smart... Just good marks, ranks, extra- curricular, and people skills for all those interviews... :D

spence

HSC
A few of my mates got these, your UAI isn't really that important, most companies require you make it into a certain course though (eg. Business at UTS or Commerce at UNSW) but extracurriculars are much more important than grades

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah what spence said, your uai only makes up part of their consideration, really they look at your extra cirricular activities and your skills like communication, teamwork etc. but you must expect to get a uai of 85+ i think

spence

HSC
I talked to my mate who has one with UBS, and of the 5 people with his cadetship, he got the lowest UAI, with 97. So although you don't necessarily need good grades, apparently most people with them get high UAIs. But I'm pretty sure extra-curriculars are still more important

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
Just wondering...has a guy come around to give a talk about these cadetships at your school?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
my school isn't as prestigious and big as other schools so we don't usually have cadets coming to talk to us, we only find out about stuff through careers office

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC
I was referring to the guy that organises the cadetship, but there are also cadets who come around. Either way, I guess that it would be impossible to give a talk at every school ><
At least you know about them, a lot of schools don't inform their students about them.

yennie B

HSC
hunni.xx said:
I'm starting a cadetship right now, and it's a good start for you even knowing about them... A lot of smart people miss out not hearing anything... Applications generally don't close until June 20th, and they don't open until a bit closer that date. But biggest advice... Go to the ICAA Cadetship Info Evening... You will meet all the firms out there and gain all the forms and info you need... I don't think you need to be super smart... Just good marks, ranks, extra- curricular, and people skills for all those interviews... :D

hey where can i find more info ???

and when about is it?

thanks!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
ICAA Cadet evening is on Thurs 22nd May 2008. Theyve uploaded the info onto their website now. :read: Its at teh Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour!

Hope to see many ppl from BoredofStudies there, not that ill know or recognise ny1 lol.

Question: wat universities are we allowed to go to if we get accepted?

And when we send our online application, do we have to send a copy of our Half-Yearly report?

thnx!

katsun

HSC
There is also A Chartered Accountants Employment Evening on in Brisbane that has information about cadetships.
Its on the 1st of April at the Hilton in Brisbane
if you go to
www.charteredaccountants.com.au
and join you can book for the event.
Its free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)