• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

business enrollment UTS (1 Viewer)

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
hi

does anyone have any advice in going to the enrollment day?

say i want to do 2 majors, X and Y, do i just walk in and tell them that, and they arrange everything for me? or is it more complicated? why does it take so long?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
enrollment is actually done through uts mystudentadmin and you should be able to select what subjects and majors you are doing etc...

if you dont have that option talk to your faculty

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
For new students, the enrolment session usually consists of a talk and then enrolment session. They don't really arrange it for you, but they will help you with it. If you're enrolling into normal first year business, then there's not much to choose, but if you're not, then you will need to decide what major subjects you want to do in what semesters and in what order.

You should familarise yourself with your course structure and the structure of your chosen majors (http://www.handbooks.uts.edu.au) before you go to enrolment.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
thanks guys

well i went into the mystudentadmin one stop thing but i dont seem to have a study plan, when do i get one of those?

and yeah, im just doing the normal b.bus, there doesnt look like alot of choices for core subjects buti want to enrol asap to get the good time slots.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You'll get a study plan when you enrol into the course, which won't be until you go to enrolment.

NonExistant

Don't read this sentance.
HSC
0o0 said:
thanks guys

well i went into the mystudentadmin one stop thing but i dont seem to have a study plan, when do i get one of those?

and yeah, im just doing the normal b.bus, there doesnt look like alot of choices for core subjects buti want to enrol asap to get the good time slots.
All the current students have already stolen the good timeslots.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
how is that?

wouldnt current students be move on and do semester 2 subjects?

ive been told that even though i start in semester 2, ill be doing semester 1 subjects like

Accounting for Business
Economics for Business
Managing People and Organisations
Marketing Foundations

isnt that the stuff you guys did in sem 1?

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
0o0 said:
how is that?

wouldnt current students be move on and do semester 2 subjects?

ive been told that even though i start in semester 2, ill be doing semester 1 subjects like

Accounting for Business
Economics for Business
Managing People and Organisations
Marketing Foundations

isnt that the stuff you guys did in sem 1?
Im a first year business student and they're the subjects that ive just completed, however not all business students do those subjects in 1st semester. You were able at the beginning of the year to largely choose what subjects you wanted to do in a semester you wanted to do it in. Im not too sure bout the city, but at kgai there are heaps of other subjects other than business that also do accounting and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)