Business Report (1 Viewer)

BunJai

hi everyone

I just wanna know what are the main headings for a business report.... and also which topic is more difficult to understand?

ben

Originally posted by BunJai
hi everyone

I just wanna know what are the main headings for a business report.... and also which topic is more difficult to understand?
They're arn't really any "main headings" specifically. You need to create headings that are relevant to the question. A very generic report usually has:

Executive Summary
Situational Analysis
Strategies
Imprementation
Control

I don't think any of the topics are difficult to understand. However I think the topic ER has lots alot of info to learn, which is hardest to remember (probably because it's my least favourite topic).

Questions on relationships between key business functions are always a pain.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
hang on, i thought it was
-executive summary
-subheadings that relate to question
-Conclusion/Recommendations

ben

Originally posted by Big Willy
hang on, i thought it was
-executive summary
-subheadings that relate to question
-Conclusion/Recommendations
That's almost exactly what I said. Just bend it around to fit what the question is asking for.

joelh

At my school we have 5 different prelim texts books and 2 different HSC texts books and there is nothing in either about hoe to write a business report.

If anyone has any information that they could sent me that would be great!!

Good luck every one!!!

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Re: Re: Business Report

Originally posted by ben

Executive Summary
Situational Analysis
Strategies
Imprementation
Control
Umm i think ur talkin bout a marketing report...

Anyway with a business report u basically answer the question under ur own headins , except for the executive summary and conclusion,,, u can also use graphs and diagrams and do stuff in point form is u wish...

i reckons the hardest topic is global, the others are alright

BunJai

Really?

I reckon the hardest is employment relations.....
I guess that's because I've learnt all that globalisation stuff in Economics...

I had my BUsiness Studies trials today....
I'm relieved after i read ~ForAGoodCause~'s message.....
also....if what would u write about the benefits of extending internationally for Qantas and the management strategies for it....
coz this was the question for Section IV....

sorlui ^^

Originally posted by BunJai
Really?

I reckon the hardest is employment relations.....
I guess that's because I've learnt all that globalisation stuff in Economics...

I had my BUsiness Studies trials today....
I'm relieved after i read ~ForAGoodCause~'s message.....
also....if what would u write about the benefits of extending internationally for Qantas and the management strategies for it....
coz this was the question for Section IV....

i always thought globa was the hardest becoz i HATE economics...but today i had my trials for business....and i find employment the hardest!!! so failed it!! >__<

Devil

hi joehl:- yeah i went to one of those lecture ones not edassist and the lectures there were hsc markers and they set last years hsc bus exam n they were sellin these books for $ 10 each on HSC BUSINESS STUDIES REPORT STYLE n they locluded students answers to some of them from year its really GOOD!!! ACTUALLY EXCELLENT!!! they also had a one on EXTENDED RESPONSE it was only avaliable to the pple who attended the lecture,,, so i dont know if u can buy it publically but i can maybe scan or photocopy some of the pages... its a book though u have to knwo so i can t scan the whole thing

yaseng1988

HSC
Exec summary

Discussion, Analysis, Interpretation >> that's what my teacher taught us to save time, u don't have to waste time thinkin of what dumb headings u need. So, u focus on the question

Conclusion

Reccomendation - 3 reccom should be fine

Rebecca1234

HSC
i agree with ben, it is suppose to be the way he said although i have spoken to my business studies teacher about it, but depending on the business assignment, sometimes u dont need to include a body and/or the conclusion. The main thing u need to do is jus include the headings of what the question or assignment is asking u.

For example: My assignment asks me to find the internal and external influences that may bring about change in a business where a manager may change their mind. I also have to find out what resists change and how the change may occur and who is going to be affected by the change. Therefore, i only have to have an executive summary and each heading to answer the questions involved in the question. This prob makes no sense whatsoever, if not please do reply and ask me questions! Thanks! Cheers :p Beck

voltagex

/dev/quip
HSC
Executive Summary
  • Do this last, after you finish the rest! The way I've learnt it is a quick overview of what the report's about and what you're hoping to accomplish
Situational Analysis
  • Strengths
  • Weaknesses
  • Opportunities
  • Threats
  • Use things like the debt to equity ratio and the return on investment/owner's equity ratio here
    • Often you will be given "industry averages" as part of the stimulus, compare the business's figures with these!
    • e.g. if the industry average ROI is 60%, and your hypothetical business is only getting 8%, something is really wrong!
Strategies
  • How are you proposing to fix the problem/s?
    • Remember there's often more than one solution
    • Careful not to waffle on here, get to the point
Implementation
  • How would you go about actually fixing the problems
Control
  • Control means monitoring how things are going, whether the changes you "made" have been successful and putting things into place so the problems don't occur again
  • e.g. if the problem was lack of cash flow a solution may have been better accounting/reporting. The control comes in when you hire an accountant to do your bookwork instead of doing it yourself (small business)
  • Monitoring in this case would be looking at your current assets in 6 months and seeing if they have improved
    • Things like the owner's equity and working capital ratio come in here and also back in the situational analysis
Someone please please correct me if I'm wrong, or add anything else to this. I'm also adding this to the Biki because the Business report page is a stub.

PLEASE help out with http://www.boredofstudies.org/wiki/index.php?title=Business_Report

sanshi

colour my world
HSC
N/A
^ WOW thats for the setting out
have a business report coming up
thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)