Business studies or Biology? NEED HELP ASAP (1 Viewer)

tanzorz

HSC
Hello!

I have to pick my subjects by tomorrow, and i have one problem...i can't decide between Biology and Business.

I'm currently picking : Extension 1 maths, Adv english, Visual arts, Chemisty, SOR 1, Photography.

All i have to do now is pick between Biology and Business.

So some background,

I don't really like plant bio, but LOVE human bio. so year 11 will be a pain, but year 12 will be awesome. I am doing pretty well in science, and i don't think i've ever gotten below an A in overall reports.

Business, i like. To be honest, i'm indifferent. However, i did year 9 commerce and blitzed it with ease, and that was mostly business stuff and i didn't really find it boring at all.

As for my future, i have no idea where i want to go, and want to keep my options open. Basically i'm curious as to the exam structure of both the subjects, and which will be easier for me to do. As you can see, i've left this decision to the last minute, so maybe that says something about me -.-

anyways any advice is greatly appreciated and anyone who has done both the subjects, please help me decide :)

THANK YOU :)

Study notes

HSC
Business studies is quite enjoyable to be honest. Both subject is heavy content but in Business you won't need to remember those massive biology terms ;)

HSC
N/A
Not sure bout you but for me
Business would be a nice mix but
Biology would be more useful (and it scales way better)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Both are very heavy content based, but business is easier as you just have to learn the content as it isn't really concept based like bio.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Business studies is a lot of rote learning, but it is very straight forward...

In a way, one can say it is just pure common sense.

bedpotato

HSC
Business is easier (a lot of it is common sense), but I would recommend you do biology (it's more interesting imo).

If you wan to see the exam structure, look at the 2012 HSC exams for both subjects. Biology has 20 mcqs, short answers and 2-3 (including the option) long responses which are usually 6-8 marks.

coffee_

HSC
Do biology! It's WAY more interesting after year 11!

coffee_

HSC
Do biology! It's WAY more interesting than business after year 11!

tanzorz

HSC
i ended up putting business studies, and bio as my back up...however, i might be moving schools and they would let me do both :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)