buying a new laptop (1 Viewer)

p-unit

HSC
i am think of buying a new laptop what do you think off this one i am soo confused
this on is 2100$
think i can get something better for less

also what about the
AMD Turion 64 ML-40 (2.26G) - 64 bit
is it good i dont know

**EOL**HP Compaq nx6125 (Turion ML-40 2.2G/80G/DVD-DL/15"/XPP) [EJ884PA]
Manufacturer website:Click HereManufacturer code:EJ884PAManufacturer:Hewlett PackardOur web code:118544Price (inc. GST):$2099.00Live Stock InformationLidcombe,NSW:
Sydney,NSW:
Dandenong,VIC:
Richmond,VIC:
Melbourne,VIC:
Boxhill,VIC:
*Stock level is provided as an indication only.*Please call our sales team for an availability confirmation.
Product description:This product has been replaced by the HP ER643PA

The HP Compaq nx6125 Notebook PC series combines mobility, affordability and connectivity, offering a smart mobile office notebook for cost-conscious professionals. This thin and light notebook provides the right balance of key features to help handle your versatile business needs, combining proven technology and long battery life so you can achieve maximum productivity without compromising your budget.
• AMD Turion 64 ML-40 (2.26G) - 64 bit
• Supports 32-bit and 64-bit enviroments
• 1600Mhz system bus compared to Centrinos 400/533Mhz
• ATI Radeon Xpress 200M chipset
• 1GB 333MHz DDR RAM (1x 1GB)
• 80G 5400RPM hard drive
• DVD+/-RW dual layer burner with lightscribe
• ATI X300 128MB shared graphics card
• DirectX9 PCI Express support for superior graphics performance
• 15" SXGA+ (1400x1050) with wide viewing angle
• Integrated Bluetooth
• Broadcom Wireless 802.11a/b/g
• Broadcom Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000
• 56k fax/data v92 modem
• Touch Pad
• Integrated 6-in-1 Card Reader
• IEEE 1394 Firewire
• 3x USB 2.0 ports
• ExpressCard/54 slot
• VGA and S-Video TV output
• HP Biometric Fingerprint Reader to store all Windows passwords
• HP Panel Protection system
• HP Fast Charge Technology
• Scratch resistant in-mold lamination
• AMD Enhanced Virus Protection
• 1 year courier pickup and return Warranty
• 6-cell Lithium Ion battery
• 2.7kg without battery
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional

GeneraLNinja

HSC
yes Turion is good. but the rest is just ok, i mean ATI X300 128MB shared graphics card wont help if ur gonna play new games and 3x USB 2.0 ports....gezz... the warrenty sucks as well.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Turion laptops are fairly comparable to the Sonoma Pentium-M equivalents, however they don't offer as great battery life. But due to their 64-bit nature, it makes longevity sense to invest in them if this is a desktop replacement. Speaking of DR notebooks, why exactly do you want to buy a laptop? People seeking opinions need to outline their needs, not just the specs of their proposed machines.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Collin said:
But due to their 64-bit nature, it makes longevity sense to invest in them if this is a desktop replacement.
My take on the situation is that 64bit will not really kick off for some time. Of course you can run 32 emulator in WinXP 64, but most of the hardware would not be 64bit compatable, and drivers might not be released simply because it's a laptop.

I'll wait for Merom/Santa Rosa :p Plus I haven't found one I want yet.

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's really stupid. I'm a fan of AMD and all, but this rep came into work (Officeworks IT) the other day and loaded this demo movie of the benefits of 64-bit gaming (IQ-wise only elaborated upon) onto some of our Turion laptops. The movie consisted of some high-end FPS with max details. Yet the demos were loaded onto business machines with integrated graphics. So now I get numerous customers asserting that they want to buy these laptops because the demo convinced them that they can run Call of Duty and such at max detail with high fps. Thanks for that, AMD. :rolleyes:

p-unit

HSC
thank you people but ended up buying a cheaper dell
not as good thought
also i need a laptop because i am an international student and in the holidays when i go back i dont know anyone to leave my desktop with

not yet at least[first year]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)