cadets is fucked (1 Viewer)

ubernuton

HSC
the reason that this has happened is because the problems in AAFC ranks such as sgt, is that they cannot be bothered to stop people like that and the more that this goes on the more that people get away with it.

i recomeded that she tell her OC and he/she will take the appropriate action in what to do.

and that you change corps from AAFC to AAC they have much better rank strucures and better activites
when did i say i was a member of the AAFC, my CO knows about this and she has done nothing, so does my XO, so does the highest ranking cadet at the unit and the second highest ranking is the one that tried to rape her

TheStallion

HSC
once again, her entire social base is at cadets she comes forward the unit get shut down well it is investigated, and in that time she will drop back into depression and kill herself, i know how she feels about this cadets is the only reason i didn;t kill myself in year 9
If that's true she clearly has a depression/mental problem and should seek help.

@Snowfox - I'm not sure if it would be wise to actually mention the specific unit, but I'll leave that choice to the OP.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
OP is in Sydney, i have a few friends who go to cadets and they might know what to do in this situation.

Kittikhun

HSC
Talk to your staff and ask them not to make a commotion out of it and explain why and tell them that if they do not take action you'll go to the police. You don't know what can happen in the future if you do nothing about it right now. You also have the option of getting other cadets plus yourself to bash the guy up and isolate him to the point that he sees that it's not worth joining cadets. I don't think that will work though but at least DO SOMETHING.

The best thing to cure depression is to get her to talk to people and involve her to participate in your social activities. Don't isolate her because she is a bit reclusive. I know this, since I was also a sufferer of depression at around the same age as her but I didn't kill myself because I always had the thought of the greatest generation to sustain me so the thought never crossed my mind. So make her feel a part of something and worthwhile and tell her that it is OK.

Last edited:

ubernuton

HSC
Talk to your staff and ask them not to make a commotion out of it and explain why and tell them that if they do not take action you'll go to the police. You don't know what can happen in the future if you do nothing about it right now. You also have the option of getting other cadets plus yourself to bash the guy up and isolate him to the point that he sees that it's not worth joining cadets. I don't think that will work though but at least DO SOMETHING.

The best thing to cure depression is to get her to talk to people and involve her to participate in your social activities. Don't isolate her because she is a bit reclusive. I know this, since I was also a sufferer of depression at around the same age as her but I didn't kill myself because I always had the thought of the greatest generation to sustain me so the thought never crossed my mind. So make her feel a part of something and worthwhile and tell her that it is OK.
the staff already know, the would be rapist is a senior cadet that is almost finshed as a cadet and is planing to come back as staff he and i have been in cadet about a 3rd of our lifes, he is coming back as staff i wont be alowed to.

the one idea i have had is to inform all the parents and leting them do what they want

TheStallion

HSC
Yeah, just have a sit-down with her parents and talk to them, you're old enough for them to take you seriously.

ubernuton

HSC
Yeah, just have a sit-down with her parents and talk to them, you're old enough for them to take you seriously.
i'm well know at the unit for my left wing/ anti war leaning, her dads in the shooters party and thinks all my mates are stoners

TheStallion

HSC
Grow some balls, deal with it, and stop making excuses. If you really care about stopping the shit from happening again/protecting the chick, you'll actually do something.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Grow some balls, deal with it, and stop making excuses. If you really care about stopping the shit from happening again/protecting the chick, you'll actually do something.
+1

And if the people from your squadron won't help, try contacting other squadrons that WILL do something like 322 ^^

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
her whole social life is based at cadets, if she comes forward cadets gets shut down, she probably kills herself.
i have tried very hard to talk her into coming forward she wont
lol wtf cadets wont get shut down just he will get charged.

Edit: Other option is beat yourself up in his presence fight club style.

Last edited:

John0

HSC
I’m assuming you're a CUO/WOFF at the very least a FSGT(or the respective service equivalent), to be perfectly honest this is the last place you should be discussing events such as this. Even if your staff are doing jack shit about this you should have the initiative/authority to get this moving in the right direction. How did a senior cadet get into a situation where he had this opportunity? I always thought that cadets were not allowed in the quarters of the opposite sex?(this is a huge assumption correct me if I’m wrong) If this was a GST/Promo/Biv staff would be jumping up and down irrespective of whether or not an attempted rape took place. This senior cadet isn’t going to cry foul play because you could easily get the police involved. IF you actually give a dam about your squadron you would do anything possible to stop this senior cadet returning as an instructor and get him discharged asap...

Last edited:

Kittikhun

HSC
Yeah, do something man. Don't think, just do it.

I know this might sound cheesy and inappropriate but-

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."- Edward Burke.

jonathancollins

HSC
I’m assuming you're a CUO/WOFF at the very least a FSGT(or the respective service equivalent), to be perfectly honest this is the last place you should be discussing events such as this. Even if your staff are doing jack shit about this you should have the initiative/authority to get this moving in the right direction. How did a senior cadet get into a situation where he had this opportunity? I always thought that cadets were not allowed in the quarters of the opposite sex?(this is a huge assumption correct me if I’m wrong) If this was a GST/Promo/Biv staff would be jumping up and down irrespective of whether or not an attempted rape took place. This senior cadet isn’t going to cry foul play because you could easily get the police involved. IF you actually give a dam about your squadron you would do anything possible to stop this senior cadet returning as an instructor and get him discharged asap...
to person who posted the first thing what serivce are you in AAFC AAC OR ANC??

when answered what unit, squdran or equivilent.

but the person who is raped may or may not have been willing to go along with it. yes they were underage but, if she did let something like this happen she cant just turn around and say that, she didnt let it happen and he raped me. if that is the case you have to get her to tell you this and sort it out with her.

if he reali did rape her you have to go above the ranks and go to HQ and regardless of you not getting along with some of the officers you must acctually find another officer and tell them. or if you are in the AAC the 09AFX is coming up at singo, you go and tell wo2 gratez and he will sort it out. failing that try and get in contact with the LTCOL or equivelent rank of the service and acctually tell them.

failing all this you acctually get the person to tell the cops and do it that way.

dw cadets will never be shut down this will only have a effect on you unit.

ubernuton

HSC
ok first off i am the equivilent lance corporal(not that i am in army cadets), i don't have any authority other than that of the respect of the other cadets, the senior cadet got in this situation by puting himself there it was on a parade night and my unit is already on shaky ground in relation to it staying open, if we lost 2 senior cadets and 3 of our staff (for not acting when they knew about it) it would shut down, ohh and she wont be alowed to transfer
also the rape didn't actualy happen he tired to rape her and got interopted i have no evidence other than her word, therefore going to the cops wont do shit and she wont go to the cops

John0

HSC
Yes, you could get into alot of trouble for discussing it on here, AAFC did take a pretty serious approach in terms of their exposure on the internet, atleast it did when i was still involved. After reading your initial post again, its very unclear about what actually happened, most likely the facts will never be fully clear. Since you’re only LCPL/LCDT equivalent I agree there isn’t alot you can do after informing the staff at your unit. Obviously you believe your friends side of the story otherwise you wouldn’t be posting, If you do feel strongly about this you should consider discharging (the girl involved should also). I personally wouldn’t want to be part of unit that has taken little action in such a serious event for the sake of keeping the unit "together". I'll leave it at that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)