Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Quick Update: PwC is offering traineeships this year, it's just being done through a different platform, not their website.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I understand that in business, cadetship programs currently run for accounting whilst UBS offers a finance cadetship.
Would you guys know anyone that has ever gotten a cadetship that isn't in accounting or finance (i.e. consulting)?
I know that firms like KPMG have consulting divisions or do they only ever offer positions in accounting to year 12 graduates?
Never heard of a consulting cadetship but every now and then someone gets into audit or tax and transfers into consulting.

There are also some cadetships in other fields such as construction/project management but I haven't heard of these in a while now (i.e. one my friends from high school did these - and I did HSC in 05).

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
different platform?
Apparently at the cadetship night they said they'd be running applications/marketing for it through social media and have you directly email in applications, something like that. We'll find out in due time :p

darandonman

HSC
Never heard of a consulting cadetship but every now and then someone gets into audit or tax and transfers into consulting.

There are also some cadetships in other fields such as construction/project management but I haven't heard of these in a while now (i.e. one my friends from high school did these - and I did HSC in 05).
Cheers for the help. For accounting cadetships, do you choose what divisions you work in during the application/interview process? Also, what divisions are usually offered to cadets? I know audit and tax are the prominent ones but firms have so many different services and I was wondering if there are opportunities in other divisions.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently at the cadetship night they said they'd be running applications/marketing for it through social media and have you directly email in applications, something like that. We'll find out in due time [emoji14]
Yep. They are just stream lining everything. Similar to how all the vacationer positions are done through emailing the recruitment team with your resume.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There are scholarships for the MBBs but this is not prior entering Uni

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Fuark. Is there anything for double degree in the field of investments or something similar like Wealth Management ?

hdl

HSC
Does anyone know roughly how many cadets the big 4 take per year?
Where are you guys thinking of applying :)

Watermelooon

HSC
Without going into the real technicalities of how a modern professional services firm is legally structured, a partner is essentially an owner of the firm as they have an equity interest. It also means they are personally liable if something goes wrong- 'skin in the game' as some would say. They are the ones who sign their name (or the partnership's name) on documents and have the weight of the partnership behind them - this is particularly important for things like an audit whereby if it turns out their audit wasn't conducted properly then there is an entire p......
thanks! :D

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know roughly how many cadets the big 4 take per year?
Where are you guys thinking of applying :)
I know EY took 18, I assume PwC also took in a similar amount (don't quote me on this). I'm going for every firm that offers a cadetship in the top 25

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know EY took 18, I assume PwC also took in a similar amount (don't quote me on this). I'm going for every firm that offers a cadetship in the top 25
Without knowing the numbers myself I'd say it varies quite a bit year on year and by division because in a lot of cases, graduates and cadets are nearly interchangeable in terms of experience/knowledge and hence if there's too many or too few in any other intake (e.g. interns becoming graduates) then they simply vary the intake elsewhere.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
PwC took a decent amount of people last year, I know that there are at least 29 people who got accepted last year. There might be more, but that number really doesn't help your odds because it depends which division you interview for. For example for my interview I automatically got assigned to a certain division based on the application that I had submitted. That specific division is not going to hire 29 people, they'll have a smaller number.

So if you apply and get selected for an interview it isn't like your odds are decent since 30 people are going to get selected in total, it comes down to the division you're interviewing for and how many they plan to select. Might be three, might be eight, might even be ten, but that's the number that would have more of an impact on you.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Btw is there a standard amount of of extra curricular/work experience you should have before they turn you down? At what point do you have too less? Cause I have a decent amount of long term work experience, but I've only had 1 long term volunteering and 1 short term volunteering (short term is the one im currently doing), and the rest of my EC's are just things in school like ABW, committees, etc.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Btw is there a standard amount of of extra curricular/work experience you should have before they turn you down? At what point do you have too less? Cause I have a decent amount of long term work experience, but I've only had 1 long term volunteering and 1 short term volunteering (short term is the one im currently doing), and the rest of my EC's are just things in school like ABW, committees, etc.
They don't give a shit.

Coz ECs are only used as examples of traits (ie leadership/conflict resolution/etc.). Its not about how little you have or what not, if you can demonstrate the traits. allg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)