Cadetship 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I've landed a big 4 offer in tax. If any of you guys need any help regarding the application/interview process (not sure if the cadet process is the same as vacationer though) or just want to know more about the tax service line feel free to hit me up.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I've landed a big 4 offer in tax. If any of you guys need any help regarding the application/interview process (not sure if the cadet process is the same as vacationer though) or just want to know more about the tax service line feel free to hit me up.
What a bause

Watermelooon

HSC
okay quick question
I want to apply for EY which closes on the 22nd, but I see some people have already aplied and progressed onto the next stage. I finish my finals on the 15th, so should I send my application then, or should I just send it asap, in case they fill up positions?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
okay quick question
I want to apply for EY which closes on the 22nd, but I see some people have already aplied and progressed onto the next stage. I finish my finals on the 15th, so should I send my application then, or should I just send it asap, in case they fill up positions?
Send it ASAP.

That way if you need to do book in for any testing or interviews you can do it as soon as your exam are done and get in sooner. If there is only 100 time slots available, you want to get the best one for you and not what is left over!

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Haha I don't wanna go and then find out I got rejected from EY, especially since i have exams around that time too.

Jinks

HSC
Would recommend that people go, it's a great way to get answers for a lot of those questions you may have.
Also agree with this, I had HR reps at multiple firms remember me from sessions like these at assessment centres a couple of weeks later. It can go a long way to assisting with differentiating yourself!

clam13

HSC
N/A
Haha I don't wanna go and then find out I got rejected from EY, especially since i have exams around that time too.
100% agree and you should go, my brother is a cadet at EY and made friends with the HR before hand. Seriously said that if they talk to you to them they actually will look at your application specifically over the hundreds they they would receive.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's an opportunity to meet the people you might work with in the future, get a feel for the different cultures, and who knows, might even help your application.

Look at it another way- there are numerous firms who are willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars in you and take on risks (whether it be loss of their investment or you just totally mucking up and damaging their brand name/reputation)... you don't think it might be worthwhile for you to network a little to help sell the idea as to why of all the people they could invest in, they should choose you?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
It's an opportunity to meet the people you might work with in the future, get a feel for the different cultures, and who knows, might even help your application.
A friend told me that this year at the EY info night they were chatting to a HR Rep and the rep said to connect with them on LinkedIn after they had applied. Stuff like that can do you wonders.

Last edited:

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Hmm actually yeah you guys raise very good points, I'll be going with a couple friends then.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd also mention that some of the guys you meet at these events you may also cross paths with in the short or medium term. I know of one such manager who attended these information sessions regularly and mingled with high school students, and then he also popped up again in scholarship interviews for UTS BAcc and UNSW coop, and again when the university societies were looking to agree on funding.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Hey just a quick question, do you guys rekon I should make a linkedin cadetships or is it too early? I dont have any legit work experience and I've only been working in stuff like tutor, gloria jeans and some apartment maintenance. volunteering is just high school committees, helping disadvantaged kids and things like that. Is it worth my time to make a linkedin considering my experience?

Jinks

HSC
Hey just a quick question, do you guys rekon I should make a linkedin cadetships or is it too early? I dont have any legit work experience and I've only been working in stuff like tutor, gloria jeans and some apartment maintenance. volunteering is just high school committees, helping disadvantaged kids and things like that. Is it worth my time to make a linkedin considering my experience?
Never hurts, probably not extremely valuable at this stage either. Maybe leave this one until after exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)