Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

cazzy160344

HSC
Re: Cadetships 2007

La Divina said:
Did you find out by email or did they ring you? haha yeah i know who crazy160344 is too haha its def C.P
Haha...did I talk to you today...I think I did lol now I know who it is!

ctkid said:
ye same, im expecting 90-95 uai, but i have a load of extra curriculars including wrk exp at a top 10 firm and part time job n loads of skool stuff
Oh yeah I forgot I had 3 jobs also hehe and the usual charity work etc etc! I don't think it was JUST academics and extra-curricular activities that got you through though, must've been the answers + cover letter...just basically everything?

seremify007 said:
I wonder if anyone is game enough to post their names so we can all look out for each other at the various events lol... and no I'm not posting mine because I like remaining anonymous!
LOL ok ok! I'm Caroline! I know who you are but out of respect for you wanting to be anonymous I shall not reveal your name! lol

Yep so tomorrow at the PWC evening if you see someone looking for the finger food, it's me lol!

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

haha yeah we did talk!

Whos is going crazy? i know i am! i check my email every 2 mins and my phone is right next to me and im anticipating something to happen every moment! I can't stop thinking about these stupid cadetships, i just want it to be over!

cazzy160344

HSC

aricho said:
im Antony
see you all at PwC
Howdy yep see you there!

Oh, for the PWC evening, in the email it says school uniform or business attire but er, I go to a public school and I don't think our uniform is all that flash. I was planning to wear like a skirt + suit, it's not too much is it?

La Divina said:
haha yeah we did talk!

Whos is going crazy? i know i am! i check my email every 2 mins and my phone is right next to me and im anticipating something to happen every moment! I can't stop thinking about these stupid cadetships, i just want it to be over!
Haha ok now I know for sure who it is. Well I am going slightly insane but I haven't been receiving a barrage of phone calls or anything! I do keep checking my phone and emails though. Really hoping to hear from KPMG sometime soon! I still have my biz cadetship interview on Wednesday ahhhhh

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

I haven't been receiving a barrage of calls either, although i wouldn't mind getting them assuming they were for interviews :p
good luck with your interview, i thought the 45 mins flew really quickly.

cazzy160344

HSC

La Divina said:
I haven't been receiving a barrage of calls either, although i wouldn't mind getting them assuming they were for interviews :p
good luck with your interview, i thought the 45 mins flew really quickly.
Yeppo thanks! To be honest, I'm not really into the business cadetship thing, I just applied because I thought I didn't stand a chance with the accounting ones, but now that I have an offer at a firm I really want to work at, I've changed my mind! I mean, I'll try my best for the biz cadetship but I am 90% sure I'll reject the offer IF I get one, what a shame, the recruitment director guy is really nice lol!

Ho hum! Hmm...I think we'll probably be hearing from the mid-tier firms later this week...

saz88

HSC
N/A

Did anybody hear from EY?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

Does this mean that PwC has finished with contacting people for interviews, as with EY?

ctkid

HSC

La Divina said:
Does this mean that PwC has finished with contacting people for interviews, as with EY?
i wud think PwC is done...EY still hold hope...they might still call

roadcone

HSC

ctkid said:

hold your breath kiddies.. it is done by division / teams in the division... so, you never know your luck.

candid

HSC

nickwilson said:
Has anyone in sydney heard from Grant Thornton, KPMG, Pitcher Partners, PKF or Walter Turnbull??
Yeap, I received an email from Pitcher Partners with my results.

steelite

HSC

ctkid said:
So hold on...l'm getting o confused, which companies have actually sent out offers? and which of those companies should we still hold some faint hope for? cause l'm getting confused over what people from melbourne are saying (lol, nsb>mhs clearly :)

cazzy160344

HSC

candid said:
Yeap, I received an email from Pitcher Partners with my results.
Ah! Really? Was this today? Congrats by the way =)

So they contacted you first by email then? This is in Sydney right?

steelite said:
So hold on...l'm getting o confused, which companies have actually sent out offers? and which of those companies should we still hold some faint hope for? cause l'm getting confused over what people from melbourne are saying (lol, nsb>mhs clearly
lol I think you are getting confused. The only firm I know of so far that has given out OFFERS (as in offers to work with them as a cadet) are Moore Stephens in Sydney. Most of the other firms have not even had their interviews let alone started giving out offers.

Last edited:

candid

HSC

This is the most interesting thread, because everyone's so anxious.

I didn't get an interview from Pitcher Partners. I actually didn't apply. I sent them an email saying I didn't know where the link was, and they sent back an email saying I was unsuccessful. LOL.

cazzy160344

HSC

candid said:
This is the most interesting thread, because everyone's so anxious.

I didn't get an interview from Pitcher Partners. I actually didn't apply. I sent them an email saying I didn't know where the link was, and they sent back an email saying I was unsuccessful. LOL.
Ohh!! Haha oops sorry! LOL that's pretty funny though.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC

hehe you year 12 people are an exciting bunch!

I just got an offer to work at PwC in assurance financial services as an audit senior.

should be fun!

div123

HSC

steelite said:
So hold on...l'm getting o confused, which companies have actually sent out offers? and which of those companies should we still hold some faint hope for? cause l'm getting confused over what people from melbourne are saying (lol, nsb>mhs clearly :)

hahaha "tell em ure dreaming" MHS >>>>> NSB, we win every year brrrr !! hahaha melbourne all the way :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Malazn Pleasure said:
hehe you year 12 people are an exciting bunch!

I just got an offer to work at PwC in assurance financial services as an audit senior.

should be fun!
LOL Congrats. I can already guess what client you'll be working on...

Anyway to the rest, it's cool that you guys posted your names.

Hello Caroline, Antony and Gurbaj! I guess I've already met you before Antony, and Caroline, I *think* I know who you are!

Please come say hello to me tomorrow... so I don't feel lonely.
ps. I hope you guys liked my (hmm) mini-presentation last time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)