calling out seremify007 (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
As in, non-performance benefits :) Don't get me wrong, I fitted a pod filter to the Civic. Didn't go any faster but sounded heaps better.
No difference in torque?

I know when i did the Hyosaki's exhaust I dropped 4Kgs off the back end and improved airflow.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
As in, non-performance benefits :) Don't get me wrong, I fitted a pod filter to the Civic. Didn't go any faster but sounded heaps better.
Haha yup! That's definitely case with pod filters. Theoritically you could get better economy from exhaust mods.

Also Snow, Hyosaki? Elaborate lol - im intrigued.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Haha yup! That's definitely case with pod filters. Theoritically you could get better economy from exhaust mods.

Also Snow, Hyosaki? Elaborate lol - im intrigued.
Hyosung with a Kawasaki EX250 Stator and soon to be EX250 Ig Coils.

Just casually getting rid of the things that could (and will) go bust.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know how tuning works, but I'd say that for the most part, modern cars manufactured in past 5 years which conform to pretty strict environmental standards are probably already pretty efficient. Yes you can lean it out a bit but in a non-turbo car, it probably won't make a huge amount of difference. That being said when I got my Evo custom dyno tuned to suit my mods, I was able to improve my fuel economy by about 10% which is quite substantial on a car which drinks 98.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hyosung with a Kawasaki EX250 Stator and soon to be EX250 Ig Coils.

Just casually getting rid of the things that could (and will) go bust.
Fair enough, was thinking it may have been Hyosung frame and Kawasaki engine initially. What do you think of the Hyosung btw?

I know how tuning works, but I'd say that for the most part, modern cars manufactured in past 5 years which conform to pretty strict environmental standards are probably already pretty efficient. Yes you can lean it out a bit but in a non-turbo car, it probably won't make a huge amount of difference. That being said when I got my Evo custom dyno tuned to suit my mods, I was able to improve my fuel economy by about 10% which is quite substantial on a car which drinks 98.
Yeah that'd probably be true, I just always think in terms of cars closer to 10 years old lol.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Fair enough, was thinking it may have been Hyosung frame and Kawasaki engine initially. What do you think of the Hyosung btw?
Honestly, brilliant LAMS bike for a mechanically minded person.
The Carbed era bikes (200X-2008) were pretty dodgy, particularly the pre2007 models with badly designed headers.
EFI era are a lot my user friendly and the most reliable:
The changes since efi.
2009-efi + new tail. Brake upgrade.
2010-2011 daewoo efi.
2012- delphi EFI+ dual o2 sensor.
2013- kayaba suspension upgrade. New front end styling.
They ~still~ suffer from a charging issue which is a hit and miss thing. Mine suffered it, should of been covered under warranty, but my local stealership are dodgy pricks and tried to charge me $100 to test the system. Went onto the interwebs and bought a brand new EX250 part and a racebred MOSFET Reg/Rec (Alternator for you car fellas).
Dealerships are still a problem too, they see them as a cheap bike and treat it as such. Apprentice got hold of my bike during its first service, havnt had side fairings on it since then due to them threading the mounts.

All in all, they are a good bike (EFI range) and getting better (kayaba shocks are brilliant) for a LAMS rider, but in the price bracket (10K new, 6-8K 2nd hand) any fully licensed rider would be stupid to purchase one.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Fair enough, I'm looking into getting a bike in a few months - but those prices you mentioned are a little bit out of the budget I was thinking. Tbh one of the (many) reasons im interested is I want to learn more about mechanical stuff but ATM I'm not too "mechanically minded". My dad used to ride and did a lot of work on his bikes, so I'm sure he'd be helpful lol. I've been looking into zxr250, bandits and VTR250s but a lot of other bikes seem appealing too. I weigh like 60kg so a 250cc shall suffice lol, but the gs500s seem good too.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
To save this thread from my ramblings there is a thread floating about in here that answers a few questions.
Failing that, FB nsw novice riders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)