Can anyone help me with an IPod problem? (1 Viewer)

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
Hopefully someone can help me, i recently got a Ipod for my B'day, lucky me, i charged the battery, done wat it said in the book, installed the software.

I was tryin to transfer my music from my audio CDs to the computer, Itunes, but the CD doesnt appear in the source and the songs do not appear. Do i need to update the CD rom drive, any clues where i could do that?

Please help!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Is your CD recognised by windows, or windows media player?

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
Windows Media Player

yeah windows media player, but i think ive got a solution, im not goin to use itunes, im tryin another software package, Music Match Jukebox

MedNez

HSC
N/A
I don't rip my music with Itunes, rip it with Creative Playcenter (mostly because that's what my old mp3 player before my Ipod used).

Just rip the music with some other software, and import the music into your Itunes library :)

Probably be more convenient.

Med

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
Another Question

Does that mean once i rip the songs of my CDs, then import it into itunes, does that mean that im doubling up on the files, or just using them from another location on the computer.

Once putting the songs on to my IPod, should i delete the songs of my computer to save space or leave them there??

Anyone?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Chickadee said:
Does that mean once i rip the songs of my CDs, then import it into itunes, does that mean that im doubling up on the files, or just using them from another location on the computer.
Nope, you rip the songs to your computer. Itunes will use the location of those songs for it's library. No doubling up of files :)

Chickadee said:
Once putting the songs on to my IPod, should i delete the songs of my computer to save space or leave them there??
If you have the space, better to leave them on the computer, so you can listen to them while using it, or put them back on the Ipod if something happens.

If you're low on space, I'd consider leaving them on the Ipod only, but I don't think that will be a problem.

Brad said:
How can i convert WMA to MP3
Read this:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=42898

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Psh.. creatives players have gone downhill since they started using harddrive based storage. Ipod harddrives have way less issues at the moment.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
r0wlzii said:
Hmmmm...take it back, get your money back and invest in a Creative MP3 player.
lol totally agree
sell it and go do yourself a favour by buying an iRiver or creative

El_Blinkey

HSC
I have used a program called CDEX to convert my WMA files to MP3, but apparently iTunes does it as well, and its faster...

I had troubles for ages with my Ipod too, it took me ages to get music to transfer onto it.
Also, my ipod lasted about 3 months in perfect condition, then for an unknown reason, one side of the case popped open, and the hold button stopped working (when you put it on hold, it gets stuck)... plus i scratched the screen...

r0wlzii

If it breaks now dont stress it would have broken in abou 4 weeks anyways.

iPod = $400+ (Last you a year)
iPod insurance = $100+ (Last you another year)

Fuck Apple they are the worst company on the earth, the only good thing about them is that they dont have Steve Ballmer and their advertising. FALSE advertising that is.

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
Another prob with IPOD

Please help, i dunno wat i did, but now my IPOD is actin all weird....

For starters when i turn it on, the apple symbol appears, and then a folder with an explanation mark, means for sure somethins wrong.....???

Can anyone tell me, how to completely wipe it, so i can start from scratch? OR do u have anyother suggestions, then take it bac?

If it does it again, for sure im taking it back!!!!

davey336

HSC
The iPod manual tells you how to wipe it clean, it's something like holding the play/pause button down along with the menu button. I dunno, something like that

davey

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
umm no

If i press the select and menu button at the same time i would only be resetting it, not wiping it!!

Anyone got any ideas, instead of throwing it out?

MedNez

HSC
N/A
davey336 said:
The iPod manual tells you how to wipe it clean, it's something like holding the play/pause button down along with the menu button. I dunno, something like that
That'd be resetting it heh. Doesn't wipe anything, but the first thing to do if something goes wrong I suppose.

You can wipe the drive and start again with a computer utility supplied with the Ipod.

This may be a silly thing to say - but if your solution is to bag out the Ipod after somebody already has it and wants to fix it, not buy something else, is there reason to post the comment after everybody else has already well worn out the joke :p

Just a thought haha.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Chickadee said:
Hopefully someone can help me, i recently got a Ipod for my B'day, lucky me, i charged the battery, done wat it said in the book, installed the software.

I was tryin to transfer my music from my audio CDs to the computer, Itunes, but the CD doesnt appear in the source and the songs do not appear. Do i need to update the CD rom drive, any clues where i could do that?

Please help!
i had the same problem. when i sticked the dock connector to the USB2 port it did the same think- bt when i used the firewire port it worked and it appeared on the source list.

it this doesn't work try either downloading the most recent iPOD updater from the apple support site, or update iTunes, or take it in to service at your nearest Apple Centre.

BTW the creative 20gb what ever it is called is a gay version of the iPOD and is not even as close to competitive to the iPOD.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
There exists a WIN XP SP2 bug....im currently unable to install ANY versions of itunes due to SP2.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Grizzly said:
There exists a WIN XP SP2 bug....im currently unable to install ANY versions of itunes due to SP2.
Dammit! you might be right, i got sp2 a month ago and this might be a problem.
my iTunes works, but try getting current versions of iTunes, cause the old versions seem to have a lot of bugs

oh yeah, it doesn't like the usb port and it has problems ejecting the iPod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)