Can anyone help me with this? (1 Viewer)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hi!
I have a practice essay question and i don't understand it. "Artists develop their practice using a range of materials, techniques and visual codes appropriate to their intentions." I dont understand the intentions part.

Thanks.

enoilgam

HSC
I didnt do VA, but I think intentions relates to their vision for the artwork. Like, an artist might be painting Miami Beach during the day, so they use bright pastels etc to capture the sunwashed scene. So the use of bright pastels is appropriate to their intention in capturing Miami Beach. Does that sort of make sense?

Kat92

HSC
I have only touched on VA in uni for Primary Teaching, although I will try to help out.

A site that was recommended in one of my lectures was: http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/writing/artdesign/writing/1.xml-- here you will find a sample analysis and other helpful information.

I don't know what level of English you are doing- but you could incorporate principles of FALSE and SCOBF as well to convey the artist's intentions.

FALSE- FRAMING, ANGLE, LIGHTING, SHUTTER SPEED, EDITING
SCOBF- SETTING, COLOUR, OBJECT, BODY LANGUAGE, FASHION.

Hopefully that makes sense and clarifies it a bit more for you. Otherwise, I would suggest looking in the syllabus documentation to fully understand what you can incorporate into your answer.

Also as a side note, I agree with enoilgam- as that is how I would personally interpret the meaning of the question.

Good Luck! :)

Andeelou

HSC
intentions is like what message they are trying to send to their audience, they use these materials to help them do this
i think

nora22

HSC
N/A
Basically, the intentions is what the artist is trying to convey to the audience. Think of it as the message the artist is trying to convey. An artist creates an artwork to convey a message, and reinforces this through the materials (paint, charcoal, etc), visual codes (such as symbols) and techniques (brush strokes, sewing, etc) they use. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)