Can I do My HSC in Pencil? (1 Viewer)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As someone who has marked the HSC for years I can tell you that pencil will be marked but...it is hard to read and sometimes smudges so that some of it becomes illegible.

It is really better to write in pen.

Anything you can do to make it easier for the markers to read your work is only to your benefit.

Also these days some exams are scanned and marked online so again pencil becomes an issue.

jamesfirst

HSC
I want to do my HSC in pencil...

I seem to write neater and I can always erase for stupid mistakes...

I write smaller with pencil and it becomes more legible than pen.... fml

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Um, if you get something wrong in pen, just cross it out. It's not like you're limited to a certain amount of paper.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I want to do my HSC in pencil...

I seem to write neater and I can always erase for stupid mistakes...

I write smaller with pencil and it becomes more legible than pen.... fml
Pencil gives me confidence. I never got my pen licence anyway.

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate using pen when I make a mistake in maths coz it looks heaps messy, and esp if I keep writing careless stuff around by mistake =_=
which is why I prefer to use pencil for maths (in my other subs, pen is alright)
and I hate having to cross off the mistakes in multiple choice, so I use pencil, and then at the very last minute, go through it with pen :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I hate using pen when I make a mistake in maths coz it looks heaps messy, and esp if I keep writing careless stuff around by mistake =_=
which is why I prefer to use pencil for maths (in my other subs, pen is alright)
and I hate having to cross off the mistakes in multiple choice, so I use pencil, and then at the very last minute, go through it with pen :p
Same with me, with diagrammatic questions, I tend to draw over it leaving a big messy blue ink on the diagram which when I go back to check my answer, I can't read it.

glache

HSC
N/A
I don't think I got an actual pen license certificate. The teacher just told me I could start using pens instead. Did anyone else not get an actual certificate?

MysteryGenius

HSC
I was the last person in my class to get it lol and yeah, I got a certificate which was about the size of an A5 sheet of paper

jamesfirst

HSC
you get a license for that ???????????

MAYBE I got it, I can't remember....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)