Can i get 75 or above preferably 80? also help on insearch and UTS? (1 Viewer)

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Okay guys i have literally put no effort in through out the year, i have been under a lot of stress for the past year due to personal issues and this has affected my academics ALOT. I really want at least 75 atar or above to try get into UTS or i was thinking of doing insearch. I really want to do Civil Engineering which has a cut off of around 90-91. With 75 i could try get a few bonus points (+ engineering questionnaire) and try get in OR do a science degree and change after a year. Or another alternate path is i can do insearch which is expensive as hell but i can get HECS right? So basically what i was wondering is can i get 75 or above with these ranks if i put my mind set through and actually try my very best?

Physics: 6/13
Economics: 8/13
Chemistry: 11/14
Standard English: 46/102
Mathematics: 27/27

I have failed maths big time, it will be a huge mountain to climb but i think i can try go good, its at least worth the shot but what i wanna know is if i try improve my ranks for physics/econ/chem and english massively, can i get 75 atar or above? I really want to go to UTS as it's much closer to me and UWS/Mac are really far away for me. Or should i do insearch if i dont get in? Is it a guaranteed entry after 1st year and is it worth the 20 grand and also what marks/ranks etc do they look at? Thank you so much guys, i really appreciate it :))

Silly Sausage

HSC
School rank needed,
Have you considered EAS?

On a side note, looks like you're going to have some trouble with engineering especially with your math ranks.

Even with EAS, the maximum amount of bonus points you can get is 10 (assuming you got over band 5 for maths, physics, and chemistry).

No government support for INSEARCH.

Just do your absolute best and be open to consider alternatives like UWS.

Last edited:

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
High 200's is school rank. I have indeed and i have applied but they wont take it into consideration.

Thats what i thought too, my only hope looks like getting into science and transferring after 1 year.

Really? That sucks wow :( i saw a fee help thing so i assumed it would be HECS.

Silly Sausage

HSC
You should still try your best regardless. Also if you go to UWS and do civil, get good marks you can transfer to UTS and even get credit transfers for the units you have completed.

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Thats what i was thinking. Either go UWS then transfer (although its too far away and such an effort) or do a science degree and transfer after 1 year. Thank you :) With my school rank + ranks, do you think its too late to get 75+ atar?

ihatehsc

HSC
N/A
Thank you!! Even that will boost my morale, im gonna work my ass off to get 80

DR3357

HSC
You can do in search on HECS!!! I know people who went there and did it on HECS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)