Can i get band 5 in english (1 Viewer)

byebye33

HSC
im doing english advanced at the moment
and i cant deal with this crap honestly i hate it so much
(why the f*** is english compulsory)
i got 14/20 for my discovery essay
havent got my creative and module A back yet
(but i dont think i did very well in my module A because the essay itself was good when i got it checked prior to the exam
but the exam question was to compare texts but i didnt have comparisons so ugh)
ive been trying to fix up my discovery essay but I REALLY CANT I HAVE TUTOR AND EVERYTHING BUT I REALLY CANT DO THIS
AOS ESSAY IS REALLY DRIVING ME NUTS
It's stressing me out to an extent where i get anxiety even thinking about it.
I JUST WANT BAND 5 HONESTLY I CANT DEAL WITH THIS
and assuming that i get band 6 in everything else besides english (doing 4u maths adv eng biology and korean heritage atm)
is it still possible to get an atar 95-96+?
btw i go to a school that was ranked in 60s in 2015 HSC

MilkyCat_

HSC
most people get band 5 in english advanced and it seems like you're doing pretty well so don't stress

leehuan

HSC
I got a 12/30 module A speech in English.

I got a high band 5.

fffllappy

HSC
N/A
(why the f*** is english compulsory)
A number of reasons, however one of the main ones is overseas students.
In many countries (especially asian countries) it is much harder to compete for a top graduating mark (ATAR equivalent), so what some families do is have their children study and graduate in other countries where it is easier to gain a top mark.

Without a mandatory English course, these overseas students would easily flood the top atar results, which would not be good for Australia.

byebye33

HSC
how did u go with your other assessments including trials and Hsc? like i cant deal with shakespeare

Destan

HSC
English is a subject that involves extensive thinking, thinking that you strive upon; causing you to have a flash of great ideas to compose a good, and or excellent essay/oral speech. Sure, English may seem hard sometimes, but, once you have your ideas; you'll find it easy.

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
You will make a band 5 don't worry. 14/20 is decent - esp for your school.

Destan

HSC
To be honest, you're not doing really bad; English just takes time and practice. You can achieve an outstanding mark in English. Remember, if you want something you can get it; provided that you work for it, anything is possible. :D

Last edited:

Skull5556

HSC
N/A
It can be rather helpful if you make the way you write and speak practically habitual. It can all be possible as long as you understand your content to a certain depth but, keep in mind that it is English. A simple spelling error or grammar mistake can get in the way of the mark you wish for. If you so envy it, it can happen just work for it and it will be yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)