Can I still get a high 95+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

King George

HSC
Hi,
I got results for a biology assessment today and came 10th out of 20 people or so
Am I screwed for biology and can I still aim for a high ATAR?

Please help

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If it's a small weighting to your internals then I'd doubt that would affect your HSC that much.

Just move on, learn from your mistakes and study harder next time, you still have all those assessments remaining throughout the year and the HSC external exam

People who do mess up assessments though still do end up getting high ATAR's so there's nothing to worry about imo

jacintter

HSC
lol you still have 5 more assessments left to pick yourself up

King George

HSC
my school's ranked in i think between 110-120 or something and yeah i have 4 assessments left including trials

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It is still possible to get a high atar, but you have to use these upcoming Christmas holidays to study hard and significantly improve your marks. Whatever you end up with in terms of rank and atar, this will all be determined by what you are willing to and going to do after this assessment. It is always possible to make up ranks and improve marks, but you need to identify what you did wrong in that assessment and how to improve from that and not do it again. This might be due to you not studying enough compared to the top people or you simply don't know what information is relevant to each specific question. If so for both of these possible reasons you could ask those top people if you can read their assessment, ask them for tips on what they did to prepare for the assessment and if they can look at your answers in the assessment to pin point where you have gone wrong, because there might be a trend across your answers of not doing something which if you could address could improve your marks. You need to identify that and then make your notes and do as many questions as you can and get them marked by your tutor or teacher.

King George

HSC
thanks for the detailed feedback man, i will heed and be cautious of your advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)