Can my sister do HSC at the age of 9? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makematics

HSC
maybe let her do one hsc course each year or something until she is around 16 and she can smash each subject one at a time, and by the time she is done she will be old enough to actually decide if she wants to be an accountant or whatever. also lol wut is this contradtion lol... "So we are not different from a typical Asian family and we not pushing her at all."

enoilgam

HSC
maybe let her do one hsc course each year or something until she is around 16 and she can smash each subject one at a time, and by the time she is done she will be old enough to actually decide if she wants to be an accountant or whatever. also lol wut is this contradtion lol... "So we are not different from a typical Asian family and we not pushing her at all."
The whole post was one giant contradiction - "my Dad drills us in Maths and Finance, but we arent pushing her".

Makematics

HSC
There is no primary school certificate. But there is school certificate at year 10.

That's we applying to private schools, first for her safety has of her young age, my parents want to her to go those k-12 type of private school for girls.

Our choices so far are

http://www.loreto.nsw.edu.au/
http://www.krb.nsw.edu.au/1501/our-school/

Any other recommendation would be great.
SCEGGS i guess?
2012 hsc school rankings may pertain to you. http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx

financialwar

HSC
N/A
maybe let her do one hsc course each year or something until she is around 16 and she can smash each subject one at a time
You can do that? So Japanese, Chinese and English in one year, Math and economics the second year. That's cheating kind of..

SCEGGS seem like a good school. Does she have to be baptized? We're atheist.

Makematics

HSC
You can do that? So Japanese, Chinese and English in one year, Math and economics the second year. That's cheating kind of..

SCEGGS seem like a good school. Does she have to be baptized? We're atheist.
lol yep. it's called pathways "The Pathways program can give you more flexibility in your study arrangements. Under Pathways, you can:
- take extra time to complete your HSC (up to five years)
- repeat one or more HSC courses
- accelerate, taking less time to complete your HSC
- gain recognition of prior learning, where you may be granted credit transfer towards your HSC, or advanced standing in a course
- combine HSC study with a part-time traineeship"
http://studentsonline.bos.nsw.edu.au/go/myhsc/faq/

financialwar

HSC
N/A
lol yep. it's called pathways "The Pathways program can give you more flexibility in your study arrangements. Under Pathways, you can:
- take extra time to complete your HSC (up to five years)
- repeat one or more HSC courses
- accelerate, taking less time to complete your HSC
- gain recognition of prior learning, where you may be granted credit transfer towards your HSC, or advanced standing in a course
- combine HSC study with a part-time traineeship"
http://studentsonline.bos.nsw.edu.au/go/myhsc/faq/
The fok? If there is no penalty for taking it longer than normal. She'll kill HSC. I wish I knew that when I did my HSC...

But year 11 or preliminary is still compulsory right? So that's three years in total. She'll be 12 when she goes to uni.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It must be one of those academic prodigies..... it wouldn't hurt to let her have a social life, but she shouldn't be just focusing on her academic results.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
precisely...

OP m8 not everyone has the luxury of being able to supposedly "ace" 3U math at the age of 9 haha
She's done Stewart's precalculus and calculus:early transcendentals. Which makes HSC 4U look like child's play. My dad taught her.

There are kids at her age that can pass Piano level 10 or something, which pisses my parents off because no one in our family play instruments, guess he made that up in maths and language. And I was more a of disappointment, which again pissed them off more.

Another option is, to send her to the States and sit for the SAT and hopefully get into one of the Ivy leagues. She wants to become an investment banker at one of the Bulge Brackets.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
She's done Stewart's precalculus and calculus:early transcendentals. Which makes HSC 4U look like child's play. My dad taught her.

There are kids at her age that can pass Piano level 10 or something, which pisses my parents off because no one in our family play instruments, guess he made that up in maths and language. And I was more a of disappointment, which again pissed them off more.

Another option is, to send her to the States and sit for the SAT and hopefully get into one of the Ivy leagues. She wants to become an investment banker at one of the Bulge Brackets.
Did you ask her that she wants to do that? I think you are making a pre judgement.

Others cannot decide what for her, or what she decides to do with her life.

Is the purpose of life to please others? ( think about it )

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
The whole post was one giant contradiction - "my Dad drills us in Maths and Finance, but we arent pushing her".
seriously, believe what you want to believe. You measuring someone with your own yardstick and thinking that we are pushing her. Whilst in Japan, she also did Kyokushin Karate and achieve a black belt, in kyokushin, one must follow the dojokun religiously, and it says one must train body and mind and push oneself to the extreme. She practice kyokushin and everyday and we don't even have to tell her. So no one in our family is pushing anyone.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
seriously, believe what you want to believe. You measuring someone with your own yardstick and thinking that we are pushing her. Whilst in Japan, she also did Kyokushin Karate and achieve a black belt, in kyokushin, one must follow the dojokun religiously, and it says one must train body and mind and push oneself to the extreme. She practice kyokushin and everyday and we don't even have to tell her. So no one in our family is pushing anyone.
hear that enoilgam
calm down with your yardstick

oh, so the troll commands

BigBadBader

HSC
Well this is fucked?

study, study, study....interview time: "So what have you accomplished?" ..."My HSC at the age of 10...."

seems great on paper, but in reality its dumb, there is something that is called life skills, they dont teach you that, you pick it up along the way.
your dad might be able to tutor for maths but who will tutor her how to communicate? make friends and enjoy life?

I take it your parents are them cougar parents...99%? okay what happened to the other 1%??!?!?! type of people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)