CAN SAME QUESTION BE ASKED TWICE, HSC 2023 (1 Viewer)

Kourabiedes182

HSC
Hey guys,

Finishing up essay plans for Indochina and there are some topics which are quiet hollow in terms of information available. Luckily direct questions have been asked on these topics (like the impact of the war on cambodia and laos civilians & reasons for the communist victories in cambodia and laos). I have prepared essay plans on both but was wondering, could the HSC ask a direct question on those topics again? If not, could they ask a general one including those topics (impact of war on indochina)?

All the best

carrotsss

HSC
i dont do modern but in general there is nothing stopping the hsc from asking the same thing two years in a row (and even more possible if theyve done it earlier than last year). its slightly less likely but its not impossible at all

pinkrose68

HSC
tbh they can but i don't think they will this year. there's still a bunch of questions they haven't asked from the syllabus, including khmer rouge, so if they're gonna ask any laos/cambodia question it will be that

they could also ask about the developments in north + south

even an awful hybrid of significance of tet on the development of the anti-war movement

Last edited:

pinkrose68

HSC
Hey guys,

Finishing up essay plans for Indochina and there are some topics which are quiet hollow in terms of information available. Luckily direct questions have been asked on these topics (like the impact of the war on cambodia and laos civilians & reasons for the communist victories in cambodia and laos). I have prepared essay plans on both but was wondering, could the HSC ask a direct question on those topics again? If not, could they ask a general one including those topics (impact of war on indochina)?

All the best
btw how did you come up with a long enough essay plan for impact on cambodia and laos?? like what structure because i'm so lost trying to do it😭

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hey guys,

All the best
they're not going to ask the same exact q but they can def ask questions from the same syllabus dot-point. i don't do indochina but for my peace and conflict topic for 2019-21's hsc, they consecutively asked basically variations of the same dot-point (the end of the cold war), you can see here:
1696460154214.png
1696460180816.png
1696460204982.png

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hey guys,

All the best
also my teacher who marked the hsc before said that the essay questions mainly stem from the key features so they basically grab a syllabus dot-point and link it to a key feature or they can just ask a question straight from the key features (eg. they can ask about influence of communism on the second indochina conflict up to 1968 or smth)

Kourabiedes182

HSC
btw how did you come up with a long enough essay plan for impact on cambodia and laos?? like what structure because i'm so lost trying to do it😭
For civilians? Just do physical (maiming and starvation), social (refugees) and economic (inflation due to destruction of agriculture and the impact of this on exports).

Kourabiedes182

HSC
also my teacher who marked the hsc before said that the essay questions mainly stem from the key features so they basically grab a syllabus dot-point and link it to a key feature or they can just ask a question straight from the key features (eg. they can ask about influence of communism on the second indochina conflict up to 1968 or smth)
Yeah that makes sense. I get what you mean by linking it to a key feature, so I'll make sure everything is covered properly.

Kourabiedes182

HSC
tbh they can but i don't think they will this year. there's still a bunch of questions they haven't asked from the syllabus, including khmer rouge, so if they're gonna ask any laos/cambodia question it will be that

they could also ask about the developments in north + south

even an awful hybrid of significance of tet on the development of the anti-war movement
#PrayingForKhmerRougeQuestionOrImpactOnCiviliansInVietnam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)