Can some1 PLZ plz help me i can't find info on this.. its for bio (1 Viewer)

Char..

HSC
explain how darwin/wallace's theory of evolution by natural selection and isolation accounts for divergent evolution and convergent evolution.

HSC
N/A

Char..

HSC
thats heaps good but im still too dumb.. im trying to use it but cld u tell me how darwin/wallace's theory of evolution by natural selection and isolation accounts for those theories cuz i dnt gte wat that means.. u dnt have 2 if its 2 hard

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Char.. said:
explain how darwin/wallace's theory of evolution by natural selection and isolation accounts for divergent evolution and convergent evolution.
Natural selection for divergant evolution: Organisms of the same species, isolated in different environments, may evolve to orm new species. Occurs as a result of isolation and adaption by natural selection.

Eg/ Ancestor...forms..

1) Red kangaroo on inland plains
2) Rat kangaroo in the desert
3) Pademelon in thick scrub or dense moist undergrowth
4) Tree kangaroo in tropical rainforests.

Essentially is is where one ancestor grows up in differnet environments and those suited to the environment survive and those who dont die--> survival of the fittest

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Convergant evolution: opposite of divergant...

In this different species that grow in same environment evolve similarly...eg dolphin (A mammal) and shark (A fish) appear similar but are only distantly related. They both have structural characteriustics suited to aquatic life eg/ fins/flippers, streamlined body.

Char..

HSC
Dw abt it i finished it now.. thnx anyways

Char..

HSC
dion7789 said:
Convergant evolution: opposite of divergant...

In this different species that grow in same environment evolve similarly...eg dolphin (A mammal) and shark (A fish) appear similar but are only distantly related. They both have structural characteriustics suited to aquatic life eg/ fins/flippers, streamlined body.

sorry i just saw that u wrote something.. thnx heaps.. i finally finished so im heaps happy now.. thnx for ur help

HSC
N/A
Char.. said:
thats heaps good but im still too dumb.. im trying to use it but cld u tell me how darwin/wallace's theory of evolution by natural selection and isolation accounts for those theories cuz i dnt gte wat that means.. u dnt have 2 if its 2 hard
Oh, I never meant that I couldn't do it; in fact, this was covered in my year nine year, and then, to all the students in my cohort in year ten.

Ye-um... dion's already covered most of it, with explanation, and example.
Good job.:)

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
lol well i may be of help if anyone else has this same Q...any other bio questions u have post here or pm me and i will try to answer b4 u find the answer the harder way lol

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Oh, I never meant that I couldn't do it; in fact, this was covered in my year nine year, and then, to all the students in my cohort in year ten.

Ye-um... dion's already covered most of it, with explanation, and example.
Good job.:)

Thanks :D i feel so privelaged to get a good job i never get a good job :p

Char..

HSC
回复: Re: Can some1 PLZ plz help me i can't find info on this.. its for bio

Hey can u plz help me with this.. how does Dna control the production of polypeptides
thnx heaps!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Can some1 PLZ plz help me i can't find info on this.. its for bio

DNA is the template for polypeptide synthesis. It does not directly control the production as such. Enzymes are what control protein expression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)