• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can someone read this link and clarify? I'm bad at english..... (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
No- the link says you need at least a band four in english AND chemistry- given that you don't do chem then you don't count sorry

D94

HSC
N/A
This isn't "bonus points" like the UNSW system. It's, "if you're within 5 ATAR points, you will also be considered if you have achieved the set criteria".

Appleorange

Banned
HSC
This isn't "bonus points" like the UNSW system. It's, "if you're within 5 ATAR points, you will also be considered if you have achieved the set criteria".
D94 is correct. This is a flexi-entry. Meaning, that you can gain acceptance via other means of ATAR. (In this case, performance in subjects)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It says you need to get

- Bands 4 or higher in Advanced English, Chemistry and 2 unit mathematics

OR

- Bands 4 or higher in Advanced English, Chemistry and Physics

If you don't do physics or chemistry you don't get any bonus points by the reading of that website.

D94

HSC
N/A
You won't be eligible for the Flexi-Entry scheme. The main alternative is to achieve the 85 ATAR (or so).

Appleorange

Banned
HSC
This "scheme" is a flexible entry. It aims to provide alternative measures to gaining entrance to this course. As such, it requires you to do specific subjects.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
So anyone with 80 atar with the right subjects can get entrance while I have to work my ass of for the extra 5 points just cause I didnt do "chemistry".

Appleorange

Banned
HSC
So anyone with 80 atar with the right subjects can get entrance while I have to work my ass of for the extra 5 points just cause I didnt do "chemistry".
Yep.

EDIT:

No offence. But the whole idea of the Flexi-entry is to reward students who have done in relevant subjects. Pharmacy isn't like Economics (were it requires a focus of just one subject area). Pharmacy requires the skills from multiple areas, hence you need to excel in ALL of these areas simultaneously to be considered a person who could excel in this course.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Maybe this was something you should have considered when you chose your subjects for the HSC. And if you're going to say you didn't know what you wanted to do, then you should have chosen subjects to your ability and interest so you could achieved a high enough ATAR to give you a wide range of choices.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Anyone know if this is the same for engineering???

Since I havent done physics

timbermetimer

HSC
wait, D94. If I get an atar of 87 and my course in UNSW is 92, I can be considered to partake it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)