Can still get into uni without finishing year 12, right? (1 Viewer)

AH22

HSC
I know it's obviously better to graduate year 12 than to not, but if someone couldn't, there are other options, yeah? I was looking online about pathways and stuff like:

repeating year 12
doing hsc studies at tafe
doing a tertiary preperation course at tafe
open universities
tafe
stat test
entry by interview/portfolio
other?

I was just wondering if there are other ways, or if I'm missing something here, or there's any more information I would need to know about this. How much harder is it to get into a university through these ways?
Thanks.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Going to TAFE and transferring is slightly more difficult than repeating year 12. It ALL depends on what you want to do really.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Going to TAFE and transferring is slightly more difficult than repeating year 12. It ALL depends on what you want to do really.
Yeah I'd agree but I think that you need to finish yr 12 in order to get into uni because of your atar

Flop21

HSC
Can I ask why?

HSC is a lot easier than uni (depending on what you do of course), so you shouldn't have any trouble completing it honestly.

I would stick with it if you're still in high school, apply for early entry to all unis that offer it, and hopefully you've got an easy ticket into uni. I think this is a much better way to get in than having to find alternative ways.

AH22

HSC
Can I ask why?

HSC is a lot easier than uni (depending on what you do of course), so you shouldn't have any trouble completing it honestly.

I would stick with it if you're still in high school, apply for early entry to all unis that offer it, and hopefully you've got an easy ticket into uni. I think this is a much better way to get in than having to find alternative ways.
It's because I'm kind of in a difficult place in my life right now. But as I said, I know it's better to than not. The whole reason I was asking the question was to see my other options if things don't go to plan. Also, I'm taking a year off next year, hopefully.

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Notre Dame doesn't have ATAR requirements (but they still have an interview with you), so you can consider that as an option if anything happens.

AH22

HSC
I should've probably mentioned that I wanted to study something in the creative fields - film/art/design.

JayneLaMin

HSC
A friend of mine currently taking TPC at tafe. She said it feels like repeating year 12 again but this is lots easier than HSC (not sure if that's true or for everyone).
I think TPC is a good pathway for uni.

Sent from my SM-G925I

Flop21

HSC
It less than a year, you'll regret it if you do anything other than just finishing the course at your current HS. Trust me you can do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)