can the school do that??!??!??! (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
half yearly timetable is up to the school. The HSC (obviously) and the trials are externally set as it is a common "paper" .
Ours are 5 days (next week) as the school decided that to take an un-necessary week out of the t/t isnt worth it in the longrun+ it doesnt give people time to "stress" in between exams ie you are kept busy and on track.......
It depends if you do internal or external trials.

Our school was pretty lenient with our trials and moving exams, they let us move our 4 unit paper from the same time as the 2 unit, to the last day, giving us an extra week to get in all that 4 unit knowledge :D

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
ours go for 2 weeks or 10 days and in that i have one day where i have 2 exams and i have 3 days off woo

Drake

lucky me..my school doesnt even have exams. we just got assements we gotta hand it.. =]~

but i guess its bad in a way because we wont get the practice and experience.

Kulazzi

HSC
mine started today and it ends on the last day of skool however I have my last exam on friday!

Ours goes over a 2 week period in combination with the yr 12's exams

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
It depends if you do internal or external trials.

Our school was pretty lenient with our trials and moving exams, they let us move our 4 unit paper from the same time as the 2 unit, to the last day, giving us an extra week to get in all that 4 unit knowledge :D
The indpendent trials dont have a set timetable, just a timetable block. WHen you use the independent trials (as a teacher) you have to sign a contract agreement that basically states that there is x amount of time to do the trial and that you cannot do anything with the trial (like show it to other schools etc) until after the security period. (I believe this was an issue here last year with students posting independent trials before the security period had ended).
If your school sets/set (I know you have left) its own exams (which is a bit weird ), then the timetables dont apply as they set their own timetable!! CCC trials are different as everyone does the same exam on the same day (like the HSC)
This is what I meant by common paper..many schools/systems use a common set of papers even though there are 3 to 4 sets to choose from!

Last edited:

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Mine goes for a week but also over a week end so I guess it's all right... they seem to do that every year. I'm not complaining, at least they're over and done with.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
i've just finished my half yearlies today =)...

the thing im pissed off about it that they only lasted for 4 days...only 4 DAYS!!!

our assessment calander says that it should last 2 weeks, but our KLA coordinator set ours for 1 week...and all my 6 exams were squeezed into 4 days! i know ur meant to be well prepared b4 the exams but an extra 12 days DOES help a lot!!
everyone complained but he didn't change it!

can they do that?!??!!...or is there some rules about half yearly exams that they should go for a certain period?...
nah that's fine. more learning time at school, less rush at the end of the year. 6 exams in 4 days is full on, but they're only half yearlies

HSC
hm
it wasn't that bad i guess...at least i got a 5 day break :D
its just that when everyone saw the timetable...they're like..
omg..i'm sooo screwed!...what the hell happened to the extra week?!?!?!
and most ppl planned their study routines that spread over the 2 wks..so...they were all quite pissed off, including me :D

ladidid

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
i've just finished my half yearlies today =)...

the thing im pissed off about it that they only lasted for 4 days...only 4 DAYS!!!

our assessment calander says that it should last 2 weeks, but our KLA coordinator set ours for 1 week...and all my 6 exams were squeezed into 4 days! i know ur meant to be well prepared b4 the exams but an extra 12 days DOES help a lot!!
everyone complained but he didn't change it!

can they do that?!??!!...or is there some rules about half yearly exams that they should go for a certain period?...

I remember when I had my half yearly exams last year, they went for two weeks but I had mine all done by the end of the first week. It was a horror week but I was glad it turned out that way. Because the exams were right before the holidays, it meant that I had like a 3 week break :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)