can't log into myMQ (1 Viewer)

kahrinn

HSC
Hey guys,

I enrolled into the uni yesterday... my status as shown on eStudent is "admitted" and I've done my timetable and everything, but I still cant log into the student portal.

First off, the initial password for eStudent is your bday in ddmmyyyy format, and myMQ asks for "two random characters followed by your date of birth. (For example, if Lisa was born on 31 March 1984, and her random characters were %k, her password would be %k310384.)" And then when I try getting into it at all, I come up with a "authentication failed" error. If I go to the forgot your password page and put in my student id, I get a "student/staff ID could not be found" error.

I'm terribly confused. My question is... has this function not been enabled for new students, or is it just my account playing up?

I hope my query made a little sense...
TIA!

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sounds like your account hasn't been set up yet

antisheep

HSC
the way it's meant to work is we receive a letter (my guess is snail mail here) with our 2 random characters, so we can log in.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i cant log into webct...any of you oldies experiencing that? Dont ask me why I want to...

X

xeuyrawp

Supra said:
i cant log into webct...any of you oldies experiencing that? Dont ask me why I want to...
Important Message

From 2008, all students (with the exception of IELTS and SIBT students) will be using Blackboard CE6 to access their online units. For more information, see the CE6 Upgrade site.

Please go to http://learn.mq.edu.au/ to access your units - remember to update your bookmarks!

Staff, IELTS and SIBT students can access the WebCT CE4 online unit(s) by logging in below.
May have to do with that.

I can log in. Maybe give it a few days before contacting IT help. :)

Kabbasi

HSC
Hey! I'm a new student too and I wanted to get my textbook list but couldn't because I didn't have that MQ thing either. I rung up the IT support and the person said that all new students would be getting their MQ details and other stuff by mail (like paper mail I think) sometime in the next week. THEN we'll be able to log on.

kahrinn

HSC
Fabulous! Thanks Kabbasi for the heads up! I wasn't sure whether it was me or whether everyone was in the same boat!

HSC
N/A
New students will only get email etc access approx 5 days after they have enrolled. You will be mailed your password.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
That happened to me last year, you're account isn't set up yet. Although I remember I got my letter late for some reason but somehow I figured out how to get in somehow.

Supra said:
Semester 1 Students

Semester 1 students will have access to this site from 9am Monday February 25, 2008 AEDT. Please note that not all Semester 1 units have an online unit on this site. Check with your lecturer if you are not sure.

Kabbasi said:
Hey! I'm a new student too and I wanted to get my textbook list but couldn't because I didn't have that MQ thing either. I rung up the IT support and the person said that all new students would be getting their MQ details and other stuff by mail (like paper mail I think) sometime in the next week. THEN we'll be able to log on.
Use this link but change the part that says LAW314 to your unit code and you will be able to see you books
http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/bookshop?_ACTION_=COURSE&inst_id=23&sem_id=081&subj_id=LAW314

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
thanks melsc and rob. I noticed that:

Semester 1 students will have access to this site from 9am Monday February 25, 2008 AEDT. Please note that not all Semester 1 units have an online unit on this site.
however I remember always having access in previous years. Oh well, its not important anyway.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Had a sneak peek into Blackboard CE6 looks quite sexy :D

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
kahrinn said:
Hey guys,

I enrolled into the uni yesterday... my status as shown on eStudent is "admitted" and I've done my timetable and everything, but I still cant log into the student portal.

TIA!
how are you able to do your timetable and everything, it says you have to go to compulsory pre-enrolment day??

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You do your timetable in person on the enrolment days :)

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
Thanks for the help regarding MYID i had the same questions about it lol was wondering if it was just me.. or everyone.

Cheers XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)