Career options (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hey, I'm just wondering whether you guys could help me:
I'm very good at english (well at least i think i am) - Ranked 1st in Adv English and 1st in Ext 1 English at my school (selective) and my parents are urging me to pursue this further (into uni etc).
They have suggested law and journalism and I have an interest in both of them, except i was wondering what other careers might be available for me. Because I have no idea what i want to do, suggestions (or a brainstorm) would be fantastic about possible careers or uni degrees. Thanks

p.s. I don't want to go into creative writing, or english teaching.

Thanks

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
goat farming.
fits your talents perfectly

TacoTerrorist

HSC
There is apparently a large amount of people with law degrees who are finding it hard to get a related job, and journalism is very competitive. I have no other suggestions.

HSC
Email the prospective student's center of the uni you're interested in studying in. Ask them about degrees you could do with this strong command and interest in English. Ask them also what career choices there are. That should do the job. :)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist,

your sig:
"im in ur hard drive

deletin ur filez "

is an EPIC FAILURE

CloudStrife

HSC
Your ability to get good grades in english isn't a determining factor on what kind of career you can or may achieve. Look at something you would enjoy. Talk to a careers advisor from school, ask family friends who may work in the area you're interested in. It'd be important for you to have a reason to pursue a certain career or profession. For some people it may be money, for others it might be what they enjoy. Find out what drives or motivates you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)