Case Studies in Extended Response? (1 Viewer)

diceman

HSC
N/A
Hi, I just wonder to know how many case studies are you guys going to use in the extended response?

HSC
Depends on the dot points that are applicable. Probably mainly one, with a few random ones thrown in to support dot points my main one can't cover.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Depends on the dot points that are applicable. Probably mainly one, with a few random ones thrown in to support dot points my main one can't cover.
Same.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
lyk what 1 and a half? primary emphasis on one main one? and lyk a secound supllementary

im assuming ur using reall case studies...

davOmeter

HSC
Has anyone though about making up a case study due to pure laziness?

Has anyone done so in the past and gotten a band 6?

Sangfroid

HSC
davOmeter said:
Has anyone though about making up a case study due to pure laziness?

Has anyone done so in the past and gotten a band 6?
To be honest, I'd rather use an existing one - I find it easier to remember one than make one up on the spot.

davOmeter

HSC
I have a couple I can use, but I feel reluctant to study them as I think it's too late but maybe I'll just look over them.

michael1990

HSC
To OP:

It doesn't matter how many case studies you refer to.

Case studies are there for you to be able to give a greater understanding in the subject field. In saying that, some people learn a number of case studies in different subject areas. Eg. Marketing they may learn a case study from Rolls Royce. And for Financial Planning they may learn one from Dell Computers. Whereas with one case study they elect to learn a whole business such as Harvey Norman, IKEA or Coke. This is what i recommend and by learning a couple of littles ones to throw in extended response, usually from the following topics: Marketing, Financial Planning and Global Business.

Hope this helps.

davOmeter

HSC
How obvious do you guys think making up a case study would be?

I mean as long as it's relevant I should be ok right?

michael1990

HSC
davOmeter said:
How obvious do you guys think making up a case study would be?

I mean as long as it's relevant I should be ok right?
Thats a really bad attitude to have.
You think the markers would have no idea its made up?

samwell

HSC
michael1990 said:
Thats a really bad attitude to have.
You think the markers would have no idea its made up?
My friend did and got a 19/20. If the question has nothing to do with globalisation ucan make it up. But not really sure how he did it.

michael1990

HSC
samwell said:
My friend did and got a 19/20. If the question has nothing to do with globalisation ucan make it up. But not really sure how he did it.
He must of done it quite well.
I would suggest no one makes up a case study.

davOmeter

HSC
Was that a 19/20 in the actual HSC? They give breakdowns of your marks? What the hell? I'm quite worried about this now, better look at my Qantas case study then -_-.

Rampager

HSC
Screw that, theres too much bloody information on Qantas that I can't even fathom trying to remember another case study on top of it.

So, in my case, just one.

Plus, any case study right now is going to be awesome to write about, I can't wait to plug in a page about the current financial crisis and the implications of it. Come on Globalisation/Managing Change/Financial Management, come on baby.

Go away ER, Go away! Marketing can come out to play, but theres a curfew that it needs to be gone after 1-2 pages.

davOmeter

HSC
Thanks for that Without_Wings, *insert panic* oh god, I have to learn a case study by Thursday!

BabyK

HSC
davOmeter said:
Thanks for that Without_Wings, *insert panic* oh god, I have to learn a case study by Thursday!
dw i havent even looked at my case study, n got one on woolworths which is disgusting it covers all the topics but i f***ing hate ittttt :( im thinking of using this article i have of the current financial crisis...i think it could b gudd if we get finance or global in dat question coz the markers wil b lyk hmmm :) dis person aktually cares about dis stuff :D however knowing them it'll probably b marketing or employment relations :( anyhoww i would reccomend using BHP as it's well known and has all the topics :D but if u want i can send u my stuff on the financial crisis it's aktually really really interesting (not sure if its relevant :( ) but yeah :)

davOmeter

HSC
BabyK said:
dw i havent even looked at my case study, n got one on woolworths which is disgusting it covers all the topics but i f***ing hate ittttt :( im thinking of using this article i have of the current financial crisis...i think it could b gudd if we get finance or global in dat question coz the markers wil b lyk hmmm :) dis person aktually cares about dis stuff :D however knowing them it'll probably b marketing or employment relations :( anyhoww i would reccomend using BHP as it's well known and has all the topics :D but if u want i can send u my stuff on the financial crisis it's aktually really really interesting (not sure if its relevant :( ) but yeah :)
Lol nah, it's cool, thanks anyway though. I actually got a Qantas case study, and HSBC case study book from a friend, not to mention the Oroton case study in my textbook, it's just I've always thought I could bullshit the case study, but if it's a case study involving a global business I'd be pretty F#)$!d, so I probably should make some notes on them if I'm really aiming for this band 6, I read a couple of the exemplar answers from the '02 paper, they're quite ridiculous, 13 pages omfg!

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
friend got 96 in hsc with made up case study

u onli loose marks if ur stuipd...nd i mean realli stuipd

theyre testing u on ur knowledge not ur freaking research....and who ever follows this post with some quote from the bored of studies saying students shuld apply real business bla bla...exemplifys stuipditiy...as no bos marker will research every possibly fake name...and by god they get alot....

so please...some1 feel free and prove to me how my theory of using fake case studys is NOT equivalvent in terms of marks to using a real one....IF NOT BETTER I.E. (ORIGINALITY IN CHOICE AND APPLYS IT TO EVERY DOT POINT)

Rampager

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
Uh, you can't see the problem with making up a fake case study? Alright boss, good luck in your HSC.

They are testing you on your research, its your ability to adapt the knowledge from a business to a relevant question. You should be able to draw the relations between what the course has been trying to teach you this whole time (albeit, stupidly.) and the case study.

Obviously if you make up everything to wonderfully go hand in hand with the question, that defeats the purpose. Oh well, Business Studies isn't the greatest subject though, so I can see your reasons for just wanting to satisfy its stupid requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)